xxiv

"However, I won't be the one fighting you

"However, I won't be the one fighting you." Troy's wound healed instantly and I stepped back, intimidated. "Darcy!"

Darcy stepped forward with empty eyes, as if she had never even met us.

"Kill her."

The girl trained her eyes on me.

"You'll have to get through me first!" Ares yelled. He held me closer and I could hear the steady beat of his heart. He wasn't afraid, but I was.

"Don't forget us." Tasha and Milla stood beside Ares and blocked me from them. I was so grateful to have such loyal friends.

"Darcy," Troy nodded and stepped back, leaving her to fight the four of us.

Darcy was fast, so fast that she actually blurred.

She kicked Tasha square in the chest and she flew all the way down the stairs. Darcy attacked Milla next. Darcy dodged her punches and kicks and in a split second, Darcy had grabbed Milla's sword and almost sliced her hair off.

She swung again and cut Milla deep in her arm.

"No!" A cry escaped my lips as she fell to the ground, clutching her arm. I went to go help her but Ares grabbed my wrist, a warning in his eyes. So I stayed where I was.

Ares stepped infront of me and my body trembled in fear. I wished I was a gifted fighter but knew I wasn't. I wasn't trained enough.

Darcy circled around us, waiting, stalking her prey. She attacked first, aiming for me, but Ares elbowed her in the stomach before she could touch me. She stumbled back but recovered quickly, swinging Milla's sword around her so we couldn't get close.

Ares dodged her sword and twisted Darcy's arm around. Her hands dropped the sword and she hissed in pain. I watched as her arm bent to an impossible position and she faltered.

For a few moments, I was hopeful. Maybe I wouldn't die after all. Maybe we would win. But that hope quickly faded away when Darcy twisted free of his grasp and picked her sword back up, all in a matter of seconds.

She turned around and plunged the sword deep in Ares's shoulder.

He didn't scream but he did growl. He clenched his fists in pain as he fell on his knees, trying to pull the sword out. I couldn't bare to watch him in pain. My feet shook and I felt my body start to lose balance.

"The sword's coated with wolfsbane. Your hunter did that." Darcy said unsympathetically.

Ares hit the ground, too weak to move.