Chapter Eleven

I look at Lupin like he's crazy.

"You were friends with my mum?"

"Melody was real nice when we were younger. Brilliant witch. But she was always getting into trouble. James was even a little bit scared of her at times."

"You four hung out with a Slytherin?"

"No. We were friends with a Hufflepuff. Melody usually spent her time with us or your father, who was a Slytherin. But that is not the most important thing I need to tell you. Your mother has a unique gift. She is able to do spells better than even Hermione."

"Merlin's beard," I gasp.

"But the other thing is that she can also use magic without her wand. And it's possible you inherited her gift."

"And how would we know if I do?"

"A test, but it's difficult."

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Fred states. I jumped a little at him talking. I forgot the others were here.

"I'll be fine."

{}

Never say that you'll be fine without knowing what you're talking about. I learned it the hard way. I'm taking the test.

Which is me standing up against magic without my wand. And I am a bit scared. No one wants me to get hurt, so I have to go against Lupin.

"Stupify," I hear. I squeal and the spell turns and sends Lupin flying back.

"She has it," he grumbles as Tonks helps him up.

"Sorry," I tell him.

"Don't be. I rather have this than testing you in the field. Safer for you."

I smile and then realize that I need to get back to the group. Fred comes over and wraps his arms around me.

"I need to go soon," I mumble.

"Stay till after Christmas."

"Fine."

He kisses my cheek and we head inside. Lupin and Tonks grab their stuff and prepare to leave.

"I'll see you soon," I promise them. It most likely is a lie, but it is what they need to hear. No one knows who'll live and who won't.

"We'll take pictures while you're gone," Tonks promise me. I automatically know she's talking about my sibling. I smile and hold back some tears. I give her a hug, then Lupin.

"We will see you," he whispers in my ear. "And you'll get to everyone soon."

I nod my head. We pull away and the couple leave. Fred grabs my hand.

"You know your brother or sister will be born soon."

"Four more months," I correct him.

"And you'll be an older sister."

"Yep."

"As the Beatles have said, here comes the sunshine."

George just walks past us, humming that certain Beatles song. Fred and I break out laughing. Poor George looks at us confused.