Chapter Fourteen

We come to a black iron gate. Standing on the other side is Bellatrix.

Scabior motions Harry forward, and show her the scar, then pulls me forward.

"Come in," Bellatrix offers. We enter the Malfoy Manor. The place is black and silver. Very dark too.

I'm pushed into the main room. The Malfoys are here along with the couple that call themselves my parents.

Melody is clearly pregnant, but have a bit longer than Tonks before the child is born.

"That's why you didn't want him dead?" Harry whispers.

"Yes."

"Silence," Bellatrix shouts. "Melody, do what you need to, then leave."

"My pleasure," Melody replies. I can hear the disgust in her voice. She walks over to me. "Last chance Claire. Join us."

"I think I'm good," I growl.

"Fine then."

She touches my forehead. Icy cold pain goes through me, originating at her finger. I let out a blood curdling scream. As she pulls her finger away, a gold strand follows.

"Such a waste on a gift."

"I'm better without it."

"Did you take her wand?"

"Yes ma'am," Scabior replies. I look to see Draco is trying to conferm that's Harry. Scabior pulls my head the other way and lift my chin up.

"Your eldest is quite gorgeous," Scabior tells Melody.

"But still deadly. Even without the gift."

"I would love to break her."

My knees buckle when he spoke. I steady my breathing, but I think he can hear my heart beats. Even if he did, he doesn't say a thing about it.

"Where did you get that?" Bellatrix snarls.

"From her bag," the bald one says as he points at Hermione. "I think I'm in titled to it."

Bellatrix uses her wand to start chocking the man.

"Stop it," I shout. Why? I don't know. Everyone looks at me. I continue. "Can't you see you're killing him?"

Scabior presses my pressure point on my shoulder. I bite my bottom lip to keep from saying some very unlady like things. Bellatrix starts to smirk.

"Petigrew, take the boys downstairs. Us girls are going to talk."

"You think about hurting us and I swear..." I'm pulled back as I take a step forward. Wormtail does as he is told.

"Yes," Draco rushes to say.

"What?" His mum ask.

"My answer is yes. C should live."

"Are you sure?" His mum checks.

"Yes."

He looks at me and I automatically know he's trying to protect me again. But why? We rarely got along.

"But I'm keeping her," Scabior growls.

"Part of Draco choosing is he gets to keep her," Bellatrix snaps. "The Dark Lord's orders."

Scabior pushes me on the ground with my wand and I know what Draco was thinking. Scabior and his men leave. Draco picks up my wand.

"Stay down," he orders.