The weight of ones sins (Rogue)

(A/N) This chapter really is for everyone who thought there mistakes would always come back to make things worse. For those who were forgiven, and don't believe it's real. The song is from Dead Island.

What have I done? Why was I driven to do what I did? Was this all just a nightmare?

And did it even matter anymore?

As I hung in complete darkness, all that and more was what I had to ponder. I had killed future Lucy in cold blood and destroyed the capital of Fiore. I almost sent humanity to it's grave. All because I was angry, grieving, and lost in the midst of my dispares. 

And as I felt my head grow lighter from my hair returning to the size it once held, the ground returned under my body. Soft strands of grass brushed at me in a silent breeze. The sky was a sweet and light blue. It was peaceful, dare I say almost heavenly the smells that filled my nose.

So many people were around me. Faces I had only given a glance to and others the faces of other comrades long since gone. Why was I with innocent people? People I had betrayed in a different time, people who deserved a happy ending.

I was a murderer. A freak you abandoned mankind in favor of chasing a delusion of power to fill a hole that I myself had caused by my own lack of observation. Why was I somewhere so beautiful and calm and amazing?

I should be burning in hell. I should be paying for every sin I had sown into my fate with hands stained with the blood of those undeserving of death! Why should I even still be here, GOD DAMNIT!

"Rogue-sama!"

A tiny body slammed it's face into my chest. It burrowed deeper as it's small paws reached up to my shoulders. Looking at the tiny form, I gasped. Tears streamed freely down my face. The creature was Frosch, alive and well.

"F-Frosch?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly. The green cat looked up at me, tears in her eyes and a smile etched into her innocent face. "Frosch missed Rogue so much." That was what tore me. Sobs escaped me faster then any falcon in the sky or any beam of light.

I hugged Frosch like a lifeline, my crying drawing the attention of others. I couldn't care less. My friend, my family was here and happy. Glad to see me. But it didn't stop me from feeling like the lowest of the low when the memories of that day flashed through my head in a flurry of flames and screams.

"I-I'm s-so sorry! Forgive m-me!" I cried out over and over, rocking like a child back and forth. Frosch only held on and said back up to me.

"Frosch-sama forgives you!" 

I could never take those words to heart. Even if the rest of my family forgives, if everyone on both worlds understood why I did what I did. I will still feel the weight of my actions and forever heft the stone of eternal agony. 

My sins, will never go away.