END or Just The Beginning? (Finale)

I lied about you having to wait! Thank you to all who have read END. I know we started out really bad and some decided it wasn't worth the read. But that's okay. It isn't for everyone and it's really cheesy. Besides that, thank you to all who read this story start to finish. As of now, this story has gotten a decent 130+ reads. I had loads of ups and downs with this story. But now, let us be 'Happy' and celebrate that this series has come to it's final chapter. The song is not mine, but belongs to the amazing Adrisaurus.

I stared at the endless hills, drifting with soundless grace. The peace was almost unreal, but here I sat, drinking in the afternoon breeze. Happy slept on my lap, mumbling about fish and Charla. It was adorable to his whiskers twitched with a squeak. I may have found the exceed to be an annoyance sometimes, but how could I be at that face?

A head came to rest on top of mine. Two arms wrapped around my upper chest in a protective fashion. I instinctively leaned into the familiar heat that was Natsu. Since finding each other again, we hadn't been the same. We always made time for each other during the day, always finding ways to be alone together (with Happy at times).

But most of all, we had time to just be quiet.

Time used to be the enemy. Either going too slow, or taking things too fast. But now it moved just right here in heaven. I could see my parents once more. My spirits came to say 'hi' from time to time and update me on my younger self.

She was doing so well, but still oblivious. As was younger Natsu, but at least he tried to say something from time to time. The thought of how blind I once was made my heart grow fonder for the moment at hand.

Natsu and Me, Me and Natsu. Since we met that day at Hargaon's town square. To Day Break, and Lullaby. And Nirvana, Robo Dragon, Edolas, Phantom Lord, Tanrou Island, and the Infinity Clock. All those days we both held back to just a friendship.

Natsu shifted me to his lap, his nose burying into my hair. It ticked my scalp and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered at the gesture.

"Hey Luce?" he asked, his voice muffled through my locks. "What is it, Natsu?" He lifted a hand to my chin and brought my face to meet his own. The smile that he gave was coy, and dusted with pink. It made the nerves I had triple as he drew me closer.

"I'm glad I met you..." The kiss was sweet, but full of love. The world melted away as we were still in place, lips locked and arms embraced around one another.

There were still others that had yet to come back, who were still doing their best to make a life for themselves on Earthland. But it was still a life worth living. Asuka becoming Jura's second in command and eventual successor to the role as leader. Romeo and Wendy's second child and hospital on the way. Sting and Yukino were also expecting twins. Minerva was traveling far and wide, trying to make up for her sins through protecting the new colony as General Minerva.

It wasn't a perfect ending to the story, but at least the Fairy Tail guild would live on. On the surface, and in the hearts of it's members. The eternal mystery that bound us together.

The eternal adventure.