Chapter 19!

Deans POV;

"Hey Jo? You here?" I yelled as I walked in the house from dropping Hope and Ben off at Sam's for the day.

"Yeah. I'm upstairs!" She calls back. I put my keys in the rack and go to greet my beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey babe." She says and greets me with a kiss.

"Hey." I reply and return the kiss, deepening it. She breaks the kiss and smiles. She motions for me to follow her into the bedroom and I do.

She walks over to the closet and pulls out a gift bag. She hands it to me.

"It's not my birthday." I tell her. She laughs and shakes her head.

"It's not for your birthday. And it's not for you. It's for you, Hope and Ben. Open it." She tell me and i laughs. I sits down and opens. I pulled out 3 t-shirts. One says 'best daddy.' One says 'Best big sister.' One says 'best big brother.' Then I notice the little thing wrapped up on the bottom of the bag. I lay the shirts down and opens it. It was a pregnancy stick. A positive one.

"Your pregnant?" I ask her. My voice cracking slightly.

"I'm pregnant!" She says happily. I smile and Kiss her. This is the best news I've ever heard, aside from my other two children being born of course. I'm so happy. This time I get o experience it all. The pregnant, the birth and the whole life of my baby. This is the greatest gift.

"How far along?" I ask her.

"I'm not sure. I took that test a week ago. My doctors appointment is in an hour. You coming?" She tells as she grabs a cost from the closet and walks out the door. I'm still smiling like and idiot. I can't help it. I'm happy.

"Of course." I tell her and follow down the stairs and Grab me keys and go to the car.

"Jo Harvelle?" The nurse calls. We stand up and follow her in a room.

"Hi, miss Harvelle, I'm Doctor Montgomery and I'll be talking a look at your baby today." She tells us and Jo looks at me and smiles. Jo Lyes down on the table, lifts her shirt and the doctor puts this gel stuff on her stomach. She then takes the ultrasound thing and puts on it her stomach. I'm so excited. I finally get to hear my unborn child's heartbeat.

The Doctor continues to use the machine thingy and her face looks a little worried.

"How far along are you?" She asks Jo. Jo shrugs.

"I'm not sure. This is my first appointment." She answers. The doctor nods.

"When was your last peirod?" She asks.

"About 2 months. I was late so I took a test last week." Jo tells the doctor. The doctor smiles and gets up.

"Excuse me." She says and she leaves. Jo looks at me worried I kiss her and reassure her.

"Maybe it's too tiny to get a heartbeat." I reassure her. Doctor Montgomery with another older Doctor. Somethings not right.

"Hello. I'm Doctor Karev. Let's take a look at your baby shall we?" He asked and took the ultrasound machine thing and put it on Jo's stomach. His face looked worried.

"I'm sorry. I can't seem to find a heartbeat. There's no baby. I'm sorry." He told us.

"I'll give you a moment and we can talk." He said and he and Doctor Montgomery left the room. Jo looked at me with tears in her eyes. I held her head to my chest.

"Dean, what did I do wrong? I killed our baby." She cried into my chest. My heart broke.

"Baby, no. It wasn't your fault. These things happen. Nobody knows why. They just do. And it's not my fault or your fault or anybody's fault. In a few months we can try again. Okay?" I told her. She nodded. I hugged her tight.