Servant, Friend, or Love Chapter 1

Please leave a comment!

Chapter 1

The silent tapping of my feet was all I could hear. Few ventured down here, but it was time for Loki's monthly bath. Of course, since I turned the equivalent of 16, I've been working as a servant for the royal family, mainly Loki, who was the equivalent of 24 when I began. Being as he's oh comfortable with my presence, they chose me. Again.

Of course, I shouldn't make it sound so troublesome. It's just my sheer rage coming out of me. Numbskull. How could he co and-and-and make us, make me think he was dead for-for-for a whole year! Then we come to know he's alive because he tried to take over Midgard?!

I growled under my breath. He didn't even feel any sort of remorse. He made that clear at his trial. Sure, at the time I was just glad he made it back alive, but now that I think about it, death might have been welcomed more warmly than wasting away in a cell.

The guards nodded at me as I entered the dungeon with said cell. Of course, it is far from what you'd normally expect a dungeon to look like. It was filled with small rooms with yellow see-through walls that electrocuted you when touched. It was, as Midgardians called it, futuristic looking.

"Astrid, I see you have not forgotten your duties with me." He said with a lazy smirk, as he always did when I came down.

"Do not play games with me, Loki." I told him stubbornly out of fear the other prisoners would say immoral things. Of course, I knew well that he would not listen. He hadn't once since Odin allowed him to be cleansed on occasion. As always, the dungeon keeper put down Loki's walls and put Loki in handcuffs that would not be removed until we reached the bath. Loki rolled his eyes, but once they were secure, he looked at me and put his elbow out.

"Shall we?" he asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. It was tempting to drag him by the ear, but I thought that would be unwise with the guards around. "I wish you hadn't gotten yourself jailed so I could smack you upside the head."

Egil, the more fun of the two guards, bent down and whispered in my ear, "Want us to turn around so we don't see anything for a moment?"

"While I appreciate the thought, I think it'd be best to keep all eyes on him so he doesn't try anything."

Loki impatiently told us, "So, I'm a bit of a mess if you couldn't tell. Can we go to that bath, now?"

"Fine, fine." I told him. I walked him down the corridor, the guards lagging behind slightly. He kept looking down at me with an amused smirk. Finally, I broke.

"What is it?" I asked with an exasperated airy tone.

"Nothing. I just find it hard to believe how much you've changed from when we first met. You used to be intimidated by me and I'd hardly done anything then. Now I try to free the human race from freedom and you act as though nothing has changed from the past hundred years."

"Believe me, Loki; while I want to lop you upside the head, I know what originally pushed you over the edge to make you go insane. What happened after is unknown, but it had to be worse."

He scoffed. "You know nothing."

"I know that you had a crush on Sif for a century." He jerked his head to look at me. I gave a malicious grin.

"Was it that obvious?"

"No, but on the days where I gave Queen Frigga a report on your behavior, we gossiped about how cute you two would be. It seemed we were the only ones who noticed. Like I said, I just know you well enough to know things."