Chapter 8- Servant or Friend?

Hello there! I apologise to any readers I have, there have been some technical difficulties, but I'm back! I'm going to give you all an update every day until Monday (except Sunday because it'll be a crazy day for me and I won't get any computer time), then I'll put it on hold for a couple weeks before beginning to post again because Monday will be the epilogue to book 1 and we'll be moving onto book 2!

Now, let's start the show.

Chapter 8

“I am going to be taking Lady Astrid to her chambers and putting an enchantment so no one gets or out until I allow it. Odin is the fifth door on the left.” Loki told his biological father. The blue skinned man smiled and nodded before walking towards Odin. Loki kept his arm around my waist as he dragged me with him, and I felt a bit of betrayal.

“What are you doing?” I hissed quietly at him.

He turned me down three corridors, creating a circle so we were back where we started, and locked me into the room next to the Odin sleep room. “I’m getting rid of the Frost Giants. Now and forever more.” I heard his footsteps as he moved to the next room over. I quickly ran over and pressed my ear to the wall, hearing a blast. “And your death came by the son of Odin.”

Another blast was heard and I imagined that Laufey was turned to nothing but ash. I felt the vibrations of Frigga stumbling to a standing position. “Loki, you saved him.” Frigga said with nothing but gratefulness.

“I swear to you mother that they will pay for what they have done today.”

“Loki!” I heard Thor’s booming voice yell. Well, this’ll be good.

“Thor! I knew you’d return to us!” Frigga exclaimed and I imagined she hugged her son.

I felt Thor’s footsteps as he walked towards Loki. “Why don’t you tell her? How you sent the Destroyer to kill our friends! To kill me!” I felt Loki’s small vibrations move to Odin’s bedside and Thor moved to the side nearest to me.

“What?” Frigga asked, having no idea.

“Well, I must have enforced father’s last command.”

“You’re a talented liar, Brother. Always have been.”

“It’s good to have you back. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim.”

My instincts went into full throttle and I ducked just in time. If I hadn’t, I’d have been slammed into by Thor’s flying body. Once the dust settled enough, I lifted my head to look at Loki. “So; you almost got two birds with one stone there.”

He walked over with a sheepish grin and helped me up. “My apologies. Now come. You should see this.” He told me, talking about destroying Jotunheim. He began to pull me by my arm, but I ripped myself away. Horror filled my eyes.

“No…No, this…this is wrong, Loki. You shouldn’t do this. Perhaps I can’t stop you but I refuse to watch.”

With his left hand, he put his thumb into front of my ear and the rest of his fingers wrapped around the back of my neck. “I am your king. You will do as you are told.” He’d done his best to keep his voice stern, but there was something in his eyes that begged me to come willingly, as if he needed me to.

“I cannot in my right frame of mind go with you willingly.” I told him, forcing my voice to sound strong and confident. I knew that my eyes betrayed me, though. They showed that if I thought anything good could come out of this, I’d go on my own.

I felt my heart breaking as his eyes morphed to show hurt and betrayal. He didn’t let it control him, however, since he just stood straighter and nodded. “Very well. I will have to take you by force.” Using twice as much magic, he moved us to the stables, where he forced me to sit in front of him to be sure I wouldn’t run. When we were off the horse, I moved to the entrance in horror, hating everything that was occurring. There was nothing I could do to stop it.