Prologue- Servant, Friend, or Love?

Relaly quickly, I just want to apologize. Wattpad has not been liking my computer (or vice-versa) so I haven't been able to psot this but here I am, so enjoy!

Prologue

For almost three centuries I’ve worked for the Royal Family of Asgard as Loki’s maidservant. It’s actually been good for all of us since I’ve had the patience and will to stick with him that other have not. It’s good for me since it’s given me good food and a place to sleep. Good for them since they didn’t have to hire someone new every month.

Of course, now I waited at the hallway that leads to the hallway that leads to the entrance of the throne room. When Loki in all his chains and pride passed along with the guards, I watched carefully until he entered the room. The door closed most of the way, but a guard saw me watching and only closed his door most of the way, knowing I’d want to listen.

All servants agreed that of all of us, I should be allowed to listen in.

“Loki.” Frigga muttered.

“Hello, Mother. Have I made you proud?”

“Please. Don’t make this worse.”

He paused. “Define worse.”

“Enough!” Odin yelled. “I will speak to the prisoner alone.” After a moment’s hesitation, I heard Frigga walking away to her usual door at the king’s right.

It took a moment, but Loki began to laugh which only fueled the anger of Odin. “I really don’t see what all the fuss is about.”

“Do you truly not feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin, and death.”

“I wanted to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God. Just like you.”

“We are not Gods. We are born. We live. We die. Just as humans do.”

“Hm. Give or take five thousand years.” Arsehole. I thought. That doesn’t make you better than them.

Odin sighed loud enough even I could hear. “All this because Loki desires a throne.”

“It’s my birthright!”

Your birth-right was to die- as a child! Cast out onto a frozen rock.” Harsh. “If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me.”

“If I am for the end then for mercy’s sake just swing it. It’s not that I don’t love our little talks it’s just…I don’t love them.” Are you trying to get yourself killed, you mumpsimus?! I thought asI could feel Odin’s anger growing and his patience dwindling.

“Frigga is the only reason you are still alive you will never see her again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeon.”

I heard chains getting pulled and then the hurt in Loki’s voice. “And what of Thor? You’ll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?”

“Thor must strive to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the nine realms and then, yes. He will be king.” The chains jingled as Loki was brought back through the doors. I didn’t even bother hiding. I just moved out of the way.

Loki looked at me and I saw the pain in his stormy eyes. “I’m sorry, Loki.” I told him.

He masked his pain as he told me, “Don’t be. I’ll figure something out soon enough.” before looking forward again.

“Have mercy on him…” I muttered before going back to my new duties. Well, at least the fun wasn’t over.