Servant, Friend, or Love? Ch 9

Chapter 9

Loki made a sharp turn with the boat, leading us to a mountain range. I was a bit curious, but didn't question him. He knew better than I did. Of course, I did get a bit irritated when a guard began to shoot at us from the same style of ship.

"We just can't get a break!" I yelled.

"There's no fun if we do." Loki replied with a grin before raising the boat up so we were just a bit higher than that behind us.

"Fandral." Thor ordered.

"Right." He took hold of the rope that was tied to the ship and shrugged. "For Asgard." He then jumped off the edge, which made me gasp and tense a bit, even though I knew the plan. Thor gave Fandral a nod of thanks, but Loki chuckled at my uneasiness.

"If you think that was bad..." He turned the boat so we were headed straight into one of the nearby mountains.

"Loki..." Thor and I said, looking at him with warning yet slightly fearful looks.

"If it were easy everyone would do it."

"Are you mad?!" Thor asked with a hint of fear.

"Possibly." Loki told us honestly. I heard Thor growl a bit in response before lying over Jane protectively. However, I, in defiance with every instinct I held, continued to stand, though I held to the side of the boat. I braced myself and not a moment later, we began scraping our way through the small cave. I closed my eyes because of the dust and sparks flying around, but after it a moment it just stopped. I opened my eyes immediately to find a rocky, darkened world. "Ta-da~" Loki told us. That told me that we'd officially made it, which caused me to send Loki a smile that stretched as far as possible. "You were an idiot for standing." He told me with a smirk, showing that he was actually thankful I trusted him.

"I'm an idiot for a lot of reasons. That was a one of the smarter things I've done."

He scoffed at me with a smile. "Ah, how I've missed these conversations. Any other woman would have told me off."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm me then."

His face changed ever so barely and I could see a slightly wicked gleam in his eyes. "That it is." My brows furrowed slightly and I didn't know how to respond. It didn't seem like I was supposed to, though.

About a half hour passed and Jane was still unconscious. Thor put a blanket over her since she was shivering a bit, which caused me to stare with a bit of jealousy. Not the fact it was Thor, but that she had someone to do that for her.

I turned my head to Loki when he spoke. "What I could do with the power that runs through those veins."

"It would consume you." Thor deadpanned.

"She's holding up alright...for now."

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know."

"Say goodbye."

Thor shook his head slightly. "Not this day."

Loki stood as he spoke. "This day, the next, a hundred years- it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?" Thor bit at his brother.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"Surrender's not in mine."

Loki sent a mocking smirk. "The son of Odin."

Thor stood as he loudly told Loki, "No, not just of Odin. You think you alone loved Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!"