Chapter 20 - "Burnt Turkey..."

Clara's PoV

The Christmas Day shift in a restaurant really is the graveyard shift.

No one wants to do it, but someone has to.

We had over 300 people to cook and serve for but I got some good tips out of it.

'Go home Nina. We'll finish up here' John said and I smiled knowing we would have our dinner now.

'See you later then' she smiled leaving the restaurant and he locked the door. 'I made over £800.00 in tips this evening' I smiled leaning against the door frame of the kitchen.

'Well put here you don't really make tips'

'Don't worry. Richard will split everyone's tips with everyone who worked Christmas Day. You'll get some' I assured.

'Money isn't exactly a problem for me Clara' he smiled plating some potatoes and vegetables.

'Where did you put the burnt Turkey?' I asked and he winked. 'Well I quite like burnt Turkey and wasn't going to waste it' he smirked playing it on his own plate.

I took my apron off and went out to the restaurant, sitting at the table we picked and smiled because I put one of his presents on his chair.

'Happy Christmas' I said excited when he put the plates down and he grinned.

'Oo what did Santa get me?' He laughed opening the box.

'I got a really great deal on that watch. I thought it would suit you quite well' I giggled and be leant over the table to kiss me.

'I love it. Thank you' he smiled putting it on and we tucked into dinner.

'So you like burnt Turkey then?' I questioned.

'Mm. Wanna try some?' He asked putting some on his fork and feeding it to me.

'Oo. It's not so bad' I said.

We didn't really bother cleaning up, we figured whoever was in the Boxing Day shift would sort that out, so we went back to the hotel.

'Hey Lil. Merry Christmas' I said answering the face time from her and Richard.

I made John sit behind the laptop so he couldn't be seen. 'Where are you?' Lilly asked.

'In a hotel in Blackpool. It's really nice' I said motioning around and picked up the presents from Lilly and Richard. We only face timed so we can open presents together.

'Maybe I should call John. I bet he'd love to be on the call' Richard said. 'Wait I thought you worked today?' Lilly said.

'I did. Made over 800 quid in tips, and drove up to Blackpool after' I lied.

'At 11 o clock at night. It's 1am aren't you exhausted. Especially after the graveyard shift'

'Hey, it wasn't so bad. And John was there too so I had someone to talk too' I said and Richard chimed in.

'He's not picking up his phone. The only time he doesn't pick up his phone is when he is entertaining. Maybe he's finally got himself a girl. Or at the very least a Christmas hook up' then he looked at me. 'Sorry Clara'

'What you sorry about?' I asked smirking because I could see John smirking too.

'Because you fancy him and he's not making a move'

'Oh I don't know. He's just taking his time... Which is what I need these days' I said referencing how bad last Christmas was.

I was locked in a cupboard last year, so this is an improvement.

'Did you like the bath shit?' Lilly asked.

'Are you trying to imply that I smell?' I said mock offended.

'No. But bath shit is good for Christmas' she said, genuinely offended.

'I'm gonna go now. I'm exhausted' I said and waved good bye.

As soon as I shut the computer down, Richard tried calling again to which John answered.

It was funny really because he was telling Richard all about the girl he had hooked up with and how it was the best sex he'd ever had.

We both had to laugh at how ironic and funny it was afterwards and collapsed into bed.

'So what's the plan for Boxing Day?' I asked genuinely interested, and be turned to face me in the bed.

'Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm laying in bed and sleeping all day' he said kissing me and I was more than fine with that.