Dance Dance, Party Pants

Ignore the title, I was listening to Dance, Dance and that's what popped into my head. Has nothing to do with the chapter lol.

---

"We were arguing and he just said it," I smiled wide and looked down to hide my blushing face. "I wasn't even expecting him to say it. So I started crying."

"You guys are perfect for each other, for real." Spencer smiled. "It's nice to see him so happy."

"Yeah," I slowly nodded my head in agreement. "just wish it didn't take me getting pregnant for him to be with me."

"Oh well. Things happen for a reason." Spencer shrugged and leaned back in the chair. His belly was starting to show more and more.

"When are you planning on telling your parents?" I asked, eyeing his growing mid section. He groaned and closed his eyes.

"They already suspect it," he said. "my mom made a comment that I'm getting fat and obviously that just made me feel even more like shit about myself. But my dad's acting weird, too. Like he knows and he's just waiting for me to say something."

"Then tell them. Get it over with already so you don't have to keep hiding it. You won't be able to much longer, you know."

"Yeah, I know. It sucks." He sighed.

"Yep."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Ryan and Jon walked through the door. They were both smiling and staring at Spencer and I.

"Is there a problem?" Spencer asked, looking back and forth between the two of them.

"No, not at all." Jon said, walking over to Spencer and taking him by the hand.

"What's going on then?" I asked. Ryan did the same as Jon, walked over to me and took me by the hand. I stood up and looked at a confused Spencer.

"We've got a surprise." Ryan said and leaned in to kiss my cheek. They made us follow them out of my room, down the stairs and out of the house.

Ryan's car was in the driveway, headlights on and the car was running. Jon's was parked in front of the house, the same as Ryan's. I watched Jon and Spencer get in Jon's car and Ryan lead my to his car, opened the door for me and I got in. He closed the door and almost ran to the other side to get in.

"What's going on?" I asked him once he was inside.

"It's a surprise." He smiled and me, buckled up and pulled out of the driveway, following Jon down the street.

"I'm scared." Ryan laughed at my comment and grabbed a hold of my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles.

"No reason to be scared Bren." He gently squeezed my hand and glanced over at me real quick. I sighed and looked out the windshield. I'm sure Jon and Spencer are having the same conversation.

The rest of the ride was silent and about fifteen minutes later, we were at a beach.

"Don't you think it's a little too cold to go swimming?" I asked Ryan.

"That's why we have towels and blankets and each other." He grinned and got out of the car, rushing over to my side and opening the door for me. I got out and Ryan went to the trunk, opening it and grabbing stuff.

"Do you need help?" I asked. He shook his head and closed the trunk. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "just follow me."

So I followed him. Jon and Spencer were walking a little ways in front of us and Jon was carrying things too, while Spencer was empty handed like me.