Locked Away (Songfic/Human BillxReader)

(Songfic/human bill×reader)
Please play the song when stated.

"Would you like to dance?"

I looked up at the familiar voice. It was none other than Bill Cipher, he reached his hand toward me, a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

"Bill, you know I can't dance." I said flatly.

"Don't worry, it'll be just you and me. Trust me." He had that usual hint of mischief in his words, that double meaning to everything he says.

As I thought for a moment, my eyes scanned over the crowd. No sign of Dipper and Mabel, with this many people, they'll never notice I was even gone.

I slowly slipped my hand into his and was immediately pulled onto the dance floor. The other people faded away, the world lost its color, the music still playing in the background.

Bill wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, his breath blew across the top of my head due to his height and my breath hitched at the sudden close proximity, I felt my face heat up. Bill smirked at me, though his cheeks were also tinted pink. He took the lead, gently guiding us across the dance floor to the slow song.

I placed my arms around his neck awkwardly and looked up at Bill, smiling down at me. I took a moment to actually observe what he was wearing. His suit was yellow with brick pattern designs on the sleeves, a bow tie was neatly tied on his neck and his eye-patch was covering his right eye as usual. However, I did note the absence of his black top hat that was almost always perched atop his messy blond hair. But it didn't matter, he looked great as the demon always did. I suddenly felt under dressed in my simple (favorite color) dress and I looked down self-consciously.

Somehow sensing my thoughts, Bill took my chin in his hand and held it up to meet his gaze.

"You look great, (y/n)." He said with that half-smile, half-smirk that only he could pull off. For a triangle without a mouth, he could certainly show many different facial expressions.

I felt my cheeks flush at his comment. Before I could reply, a new song started playing. And much to my surprise, Bill started singing along.

(PLAY SONG)

"If I got locked away, and we lost it all today, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same? If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

The fact that Bill had just started singing was such a surprise, I couldn't respond.

"If a judge for life me, would you stay by my side? Or is ya gonna say goodbye? Can you tell me right now? If I couldn't buy you all the fancy things in life, shawty would it be alright, come and show me that you know."

"Now tell me would you really ride for me? Baby tell me would you die for me?" I started to sing along.

"Would you spend your whole life with me? Would you be there to always hold me down?"

"Tell me would you really cry for me? Baby don't lie to me."

"If I didn't have anything, I wanna know would you stick around?"

Bill twirled me around.

"If I got locked away, and we lost it all today, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

"If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

Bill missed a verse as he dipped me, both hands secure around my waist.

"All I want is somebody real who don't need much. A gal I know that I can trust. To be here when magic low." He sang.

"If I did not have nothing else to give but love, would that even be enough?-"

I yelped as Bill pulled me closer, missing the line.

"Now tell me would you really ride for me?" He continued.

"Baby tell me would you die for me?"

"Would you spend your whole life with me?"

"Would you be there to always hold me down?"

"Tell me would you really cry for me?"

"Baby don't lie to me."

"If I didn't have anything."

"I wanna know would you stick around?" We sang together.

We twisted and turned around the dance floor, Bill holding me close to him. I laughed as the song played in the background, mixed with the sound of our dancing footsteps on the grayscale floor. Bill had a grin on his face as we twirled and glided in the mindscape.

"Tell me, tell me, would you want me?" Bill started.

"Tell me, tell me, would you call me?" I sang.

"If you knew I wasn't balling. Cause I need a girl who's always by my side."

"Tell me, tell me, do you need me?"

"Tell me, tell me, do you love me?"

"Or is you just tryna play me?"

"Cause I need a girl to hold me down for life."

We stopped and stood in the middle of the dance floor. Bill held both my hands in his gloved ones between us. We panted softly, catching our breath as the song wrapped up. I held his gaze steadily, not realizing we were slowly leaning toward each other.

"If I got locked away, and we lost it all today, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same? If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

"Would you still love me the same?" We finished at the same time.

Bill's face was only a few inches away, a small smile playing at his lips. He hesitated, as if not knowing what to do, but it lasted only for a second until his lips connected with mine.

My shock didn't last long and I kissed him back. Seconds later, we parted but didn't pull back. Bill's breath was warm, tickling my face.

Quietly, he asked, "Would you still love me the same?"

"Yes."

Okay, that was the first ever xReader and songfic that I have ever written. Any comments? I thought it was really cheesy.