Chapter Two

My eyes fluttered open, and at first, I was confused. Then I remembered- I was in L.A. I had auditioned for The Voice, and gotten on. Today I was going to get the chance to meet my other teammates who had gotten on Team Adam. Oh my gosh, this was going to be epic.

Pumped, I hopped out of bed and quickly pulled on my Team Adam tee shirt, jeans, and black boots. I wasn’t one of those people who spent loads of time getting ready. I just made sure I looked presentable enough and moved on instead of wasting more precious minutes of my life doing something as dumb as getting ready. Although, I guess if I was going to be on this show, I would need to start spending a little more time getting ready.

I was glad I was getting a free day to let it all soak in before we started prepping for the Battles. Yes, Battle preps started in four days. Then the day after we had a final practice, which meant that in six days, I would be on that stage again, battling. I knew my schedule well, because last night I had looked over it repeatedly to get it stuck in my brain, knowing I would have trouble remembering the dates otherwise. Because all the way up until the live rounds, the night we actually performed something and the night it aired on tv were different. That gave us some extra free days, but those were mainly before the knockouts and lives. Battles started up pretty quick.

That being said, I was going to make the most out of my day. As I left the building, I couldn’t help but admire the wonderful weather today. L.A. was already amazing, and I had only been here one day. All of Team Adam was meeting up at a coffee shop today. A bit of an odd spot, but it could be weirder. Besides, coffee was good.

The place was literally one minute down the street, so it took practically no time to get there. I tried to prepare myself to meet the other 11 members of Team Adam, but I had a feeling this was going to be rather overwhelming. I wasn’t the best with people, which could be a problem.

Thankfully, only six of the other team members were there by the time I showed up. Besides the fact that they were all wearing Team Adam shirts like me, there was nothing else in common with them. They were a combination of boys and girls, four girls and two boys here so far. I guess I made the fifth girl. “Hi guys, I’m Beka,” I told them somewhat awkwardly.

They all introduced themselves. Their names were Torie, Elizabeth, Madelyn, Ivy, Jackson, and Trevor. Remembering all these names should be fun.

Soon, the other five members of Team Adam showed up. Their names were Jessica, Lily, Brad, Simon, and Peter. And pretty much all of them were completely different.

Torie was a hard core rock type girl with spiky blonde hair, she had sung Barracuda for her blind audition.  Elizabeth was the youngest on the team, seventeen years old. She had that sweet and innocent look to her and sung Trouble by Taylor Swift during the Blinds. Madelyn sung Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men during her audition. Ivy was a bit creepy, and had sung Disturbia by Rihanna in the Blind Auditions. That says enough about her.

Jackson had a nice voice and sung the A Team by Ed Sheeran, Trevor had sung We are Young by Fun, Jessica had sung Raise Your Glass by Pink, Lily had sung It’s Time by Imagine Dragons, Brad had sung Drive By by Train, Simon had sung I’m Yours by Jason Mraz, and Peter had sung Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. And then there was me, the awkward girl who had sung the Paramore song in the Blinds. Together, we made Team Adam.

They all seemed to have nice personalities, though, and I hoped we would get along fine. After all, there was enough rivalry between teams as it is, and I didn’t need competition against one of my own teammates. Although, I guess if I made it as far as the Live Rounds, I would be against my own team.

We all ordered our drinks and figured we might as well enjoy the quietness in the tiny little coffee joint. Because once the Blind Auditions begun airing on Monday night, I had a feeling we would be getting a lot of stares in public. Funny that by the time the Blinds actually aired, we would be starting the Battles. But at least that gave us a few weeks between the Battles and Knockouts.

All day we pretty much just got to know each other and chatted about the Blind Auditions, what we thought of the other teams. It was all fun, and by the end of the day, I felt a lot closer to the rest of my team. Which was good, seeing that I would be spending so much time with them.

At the end of the day, I headed back to my room, knowing I would want a good night’s rest. I’m pretty sure we were scheduled to do community service or something tomorrow, and I wanted to be well-rested for that. Besides, I had a lot ahead of me in the near future.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, I know that was an incredibly short and boring filler chapter, sorry for that! But if I had prep for some of the rounds in each chapter, this fanfic would be super short! But I promise that the Battle prep starts soon, and that's when things will start to get pretty interesting!