11.Hero

I walked over to Mr. Burns' class and saw Nahuel on his way to math class.  I smiled and waved at him.  He waved back smiling bigger.  He was going out with Jacey and he was happier than I had ever seen him I was even happy for him.  I didn't even like him much anymore.  My feelings had grown to just friendship.  However, i still think he is one of the most beautiful boys i have ever seen.  Whatever thy were, they werent important anymore.  I walked to Mr. Burns' class while combing through my hair quickly with my fingers.  Hayley was still my best friend, but I had been hanging out with Cara and Claire lately.  Actually, we had become really close friends.  In fact, I'm sure that Hayley must feel slightly out of place now being my friend.  

For some reason, the weather forecast came into my head.  I pictured the man with the pale, tired skin and the dark circles under his eyes.  I pictured the man gently finger-combing his gray hair and telling his audience that there was going to be rain tomorrow.  For some reason, lately, I had been feeling like someone was trying to talk to me.  i felt like there was always a voice in the back of my head that was especially strong when it rained.  

i had earlier dismissed it as one symptom of my gift.  Whether it was a symptom of my gift or not, the voice in my head had just told me to think of the weather forecast.  I know a lot of things.  More than the average adult.  But if there is one thing that I am positively sure of, it is that that voice was telling me something more important that the man in the faded suit telling me whether or not it was to rain.  Something deeper and darker was going on inside Monrovia.  Something that even I couldn't wrap my vast mind around.  Something big was going to happen and it was going to happen soon.  Something was going to happen tomorrow night.  

I walked out of class and walked over to the front gate of school.  Finally, it was time to go home.  Unfortunately, my walk home was the best part of my day.  I never really have a good part of my day.  I am afraid to be at school and I am afraid of being home.  The best part was this walk.  When nobody could control me or tell me waht to do.  I was me and nobody could change that.  

I always stared at the floor when I walked.  Even if I was walking with someone, I never really looked at them or ahead.  I always looked at the floor.  The world was truly a silly place.  A place where everyone ran around trying to be something.  I didn't really want to be anything.  I didn't even want to be Hero sometimes.  I don't know what I am.  I am not really sure what everyone wants me to be... Or what I want to be for that matter.  

I walked up the path outside my house and unlocked the door.  I walked up to my room instantly.  I wished with every fiber of my being, every fiber of me, that someday I would figure out where I was supposed to be.