Chapter 1: A Sad Day

Penny's view:

I think that we all recognize the great, heroic, brave but often goofy and clumsy HQ agent, my favorite and only, famous uncle "Inspector Gadget".

As his niece, and an agent in training, I do accompany him on every mission, to stop my uncle's biggest enemy..DR CLAW! Good always triumphs over evil in fairytales, well, it's the same thing with us; everyday is a new day, a new mission and a new story, but still, the routine is the same, and I'm proud of my job.

But, today was an exception, I didn't wake up the same. Grieved, desperate, longed, worried, stressed, hurt, sad, uncomfortable, frustrated...It was the death of my parents' 10th anniversary. This is basically the most horrible day of the year.

Anyway, I'm opening my drawer to see our family photo, gee, I was only a little 5 years old girl, when you passed away..tears flow from my eyes to fall on my parents' face...suddenly, Chief Quimby appeared with uncle Gadget:

"Good morning Penny, I wish to extend my deepest condolences to the best HQ junior agent, and to you too Gadget, I know this is both a hard and sad day for you, but M.A.D never gets tired."

"That's alright Chief, I guess that will help us forget about the pain that today represents"

"Penny is right Chief, even though, I miss my dear brother and his wife, I can't miss out my job"

And now we're in the Gadgetmobile, I didn't say a single word until now, just watching from the window and listening to my uncle's singing; well, uncle Gadget is different,he keeps his bumbling side even in sad times, I guess he wants me to be positive by being positive himself.

We arrived to the isle, I'm working alone_not alone if you count my codex_ Brain is with uncle Gadget like always. I'm walking silently, following encrypted signals, launched without a doubt by M.A.D. And now I arrive to a sort of cave.

"Hi pretty girl!"

I turn abruptly and I see..."TALON!"

"So, how is it going?"

"Hmmm, well, uh fine..I guess"

"Ya know Penny, I'm not the kind of sentimental villain but I can tell you that you're not happy, I can see it in your eyes." He said it in a soft tender way.

I remain speechless, and then I answer him "Well, to be honest, yes I am."

"What happened?"

Wow, he did such a caring face.. I mean I didn't know he was gonna insist that much to know about my pain."If you want to know the truth, today is the death of my parents' 10th anniversary."

Suddenly, he sat on a large rock, with a sparkle on his eyes..

Talon's view:

She's an orphan! I can't believe that, I thought her parents were divorced or something, so I guess we have something in common, besides reading comics, chocolate mint ice cream, and absolute love for technology. Should I tell her about myself? or shouldn't I?

If you have any suggestions for me feel free to do so in the comments, please don't be too hard with me this is my first ever fanfic.