Chapter 9: A Misunderstanding

Penny's view:

I'm lying in bed, while my looks are jumping from the ceiling to the window, my thoughts are immobilized on only one person, you guessed, it's Talon. In these moments of quarrels between heart and mind, my codex vibrates, a call without a doubt, I have no desire to talk to anybody, until I discover that it's Kayla, my best friend who created that confusion in first place, I hope she has a good reason for shouting 'A DATE!' in front of Talon:

"Hello Penny. How was your mission?"

I reply with a lamentable voice "Awful. Just awful."

"What? M.A.D is elaborating smart plans?!"

"No, no, don't you know the routine? Uncle Gadget always wins, the problem is..is..."

"Is?" She asked curiously.

"Is Talon. When you screamed excitedly about a date, He thought I lov..I mean he thought I was a liar and a slut; wait, now that I think about it, what's 'the date' thing in all that? And why did you want me to have a date with the new agent while I haven't even seen him?"

"First of all, dear computer genius, there's an option called loudspeaker, you could have disabled it, simply and.."

I interrupt her "Second of all, connexion was too low Einstein."

She rolls her eyes "Plus, when I told you about the date, I meant myself, NOT you."

"How may I explain that to Talon now?!"

"Well, let's wait to the next mission, that's all. And Sorry for the confusion I made."

"I forgive you, I just hope it is as easy as you say."

"Come to the HQ, you'll feel better. Plus, we'll welcome a new agent today!"

"Ok. I don't have the choise anyway."

Talon's view:

I'm in the HQ now, I got shrunk, then disguised like an ordinary HQ clean worker. Here's Penny with Kayla and..who's that? The new 'super cute' agent I guess, well, he isn't THAT cute, Penny is acting normal, however, her best friend seems to have a crush on him... 

"Hey hey pretty girls, my name is Jonathan, and you're?" The new teen said pointing to the two girls, this is NOT fair! I'm the only guy who can flirt with Penny!

Penny doesn't answer, she has her head in clouds, however Kayla does: "I'm Kayla, this is Penny, glad to collaborate with you. Isn't it Penny?" She adds pointing her eyes to Penny who doesn't react, so she gives her an elbowing. "Right, uh, let's grab something at the cafeteria."

"Yeah why not girls."

They are now sitting and discussing in the cafeteria, I'll pretend to be cleaning that side. 

"Um Penny, would you like to go to the cinema with me this Friday, I think they'll show.."

"I'm sorry Jonathan, but I already have someone. Thanks anyway." She is leaving now.

"Okay, what about you Kayla?"

"Of course I would, I've thought of that even before." I'm leaving them now. 

I'm really, an idiot. Penny told me the truth but I didn't trust her. I have to talk to her, I just hope she will accept to talk to me after what I did tell her. 

"Listen all agents of our beloved HQ, this Chief Quimby talking. I invite all of you to a party tonight, to celebrate the new agent's arrival, I know we usually don't do that, but this is to encourage our new recruit. See you all in the secret garden behind our training rooms. Have a nice day."

A perfect opportunity, to take or leave, I must make myself elegant to my pretty Penny, let's hope she will come.

"Hey Penny, I'll spend the party with Jonathan. I'm more than happy!" Shouted Kayla.

"Glad for you. I will probably not come." Said Penny sadly.

"Oh come on Penny, please, you have to come."

"I honestly don't know."

"Please, please, please"

"Alright alright, I will."

"I love you Penny. See you tonight."