Chapter 8: Broken Heart

Penny's view:

Great! I'm in embarrassment now, this is what happens when I let my heart speak too much, admitting to him that I have feelings for someone, what am I going to tell him now?! Talon is looking at me with his sweet eyes, and my only reaction to that, is blushing, like always! 

"Hey Penny, not trying to be curious, but whoever is this someone, does he work in the HQ with you?" Suddenly, I feel my heart beating twice as fast, all my thoughts are getting stuck on one idea: What to tell him? Still, my tongue has to pronounce something. "Well, to be honest, technically, I mean...uh" I'm giving him all these random words all trembling and quivering "He is just a..huh a..." My codex rings, a call from Kayla, she saved me!!! "Oh sorry Talon, I'm gonna answer, even tough connexion here is really low, causing many bugs to my codex." 

"That proves how much my bracelet is better than your codex, it works without connexion." He said sarcastically. I roll my eyes, while answering: 

"Hi Penny how are you I hope you're going fine you can't believe the super-cute new junior agent has finally arrived" Kayla doesn't stop fast-talking while I'm trying to disable the loudspeaker but it's just hard because of the low connexion's bugs! "Ya know the super-cute agent that we've talked about, he's just charming I guess the best way to celebrate his arrival is a DATE! A DATE! A DATE! What do you think?" Gosh Kayla stop talking about that agent or Talon will think I'm in love with that boy.."But I guess you're very busy now, so bye, see ya this afternoon."

Finally! Now I look at Talon, who has heard every single word from Kayla, I want to say something but..."You know Penny, it's not THAT hard to tell me that you love an HQ agent and.." 

I interrupt him "No no, that's..that's not what you think, she just.." He replied with a very serious look which isn't in his habits:

"No, I understand, you have a boyfriend, you usually go out with him, and he's an HQ agent, you could have told me that earlier instead of trying to hide it."

"Talon, listen to me, I'm not his girlfriend, he isn't my boyfriend, I don't love him, I never went out with him, I SWEAR TO YOU!"

"See you later Penny, in an other mission." He flies with his boots, and goes away until disappearing in the clouds.

My eyes fill with tears, I cannot believe what happened. "Oh Penny you're here, have you seen the M.A.D agent?" I respond him all sad and disappointed: "No need uncle Gadget, Mad's plan has been abandoned. Let's return to home." He responds me happy as always: "Really? So, let's return to the Gadgetmobile!" I follow him. But all the day, my mind is focusing on one thing: Talon, and how will be the next mission?

Talon's view:

Of course she has a boyfriend, I should have known, I was foolish to have letting her stay in my heart further than she deserves to, alright, I can forget her now, and forever, but, but..oh, you can't get someone out of your head, if they remain in your heart...

"Hi uncle Claw, your favorite and only nephew has returned, have you missed me?"

"Don't change the subject, what happened to the mission?"

"What mission? Uh I mean, what a mission! Huh, in other words, it was a failure_Like always_" I add mumbling. "It's Gadget's fault!"

"I'll get you next time Gadget! NEXT TIME!!! As for thee, I will think later, about a punishment that would suit you!"

"As you want." 

I don't know what the worst part was, the realization that she never loved me, or the fact that she stole my heart instead of giving it back or the awkward moment I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not hurt, It's just so painful to say goodbye. But she's..she's my pretty Penny, my muse, the flame of my heart, and in no case, I'll let her go! I guess the best way is to go to the HQ myself, and to collect a little more informations about this 'super-cute agent', and try talking to Penny herself afterwards.