Chapter 10: The Party

Penny's view:

I'm at the party now, while everyone is having fun, I'm only sitting in my place, Iooking at Kayla who forced me to come, Jonathan seems to like her, as she seems to like him too. They are so cute together, why is life so unjust? Why can't I live a love story of my own? Oh yes, because my crush is also my enemy, however, I would like to go out with him, at least once, I don't know what is it like going out with a boy. Kayla is so happy, so..so I want to be. A tear escapes of my eye. Suddenly, my codex vibrates, it automatically detects strange signals, a M.A.D agent is here! Since the party is going slowly in a boring way, I decided to follow those signals. They are leading me to a dark side in the garden, I wonder who's there. "We're getting bored at the party? Pretty girl!"

The charming M.A.D boy appears of nowhere: "Talon, as I see it, you were present at the HQ for the while and no one noticed you."

"I'm not a better agent than you for no reason." He said sarcastically.

"Oh really?!" We are fighting without stopping the conversation: "What do you need exactly at the HQ? My uncle's schema? The USB key's codes? Deliver criminals?"

"No, no and no. I came here to try the HQ's sauna, I heard the service was very comfortable."

"Do you seriously think that I'll trust your stupid lies?!" 

"Okay, okay, you don't need to know exactly the reason I came here, but at least I saw with my eyes, that the new boy isn't your boyfriend. In fact he's Kayla's."

I'm blushing "Oh yeah you saw him, um, well, in other words you came for him." And I smile.

"Anyhoo, what about spending a nice party for once?"

"What do you mean?" I asked with curiosity while my heart turns its engine and starts beating.

"Well, if you aren't busy, and since I didn't came for an evil plan, I thought we can spend that boring party toge.. uh here outside, where.. no one's gonna notice me?"

"Ah, why not." And I smile at him "We're not fighting once again."

More than a hour has passed, and we're still discussing about..well, different subjects teens talk about, I was spending a really good time with that guy. Suddenly all topics get closed and we take a silent moment where I was staring at Talon, and so he was with me, he's so cute, his eyes, dimples, smile, everything... Nothing could ruin that wonderful evening..when Talon's bracelet started ringing, he eventually received a call from his uncle. "Sorry Penny, that's my uncle, I gotta answer." Sure, unlike my last embarrassing mission, he made sure that I can't hear their conversation. After, finishing talking, he turns to me: "Um Penny, I know we were spending a nice evening, but I have to go, orders from M.A.D." He uses his flying boots, but doesn't fly high.

"No problem, see ya in your next evil failure, where I'll kick your butt!"

"Oh really? You think so?! We'll see!" And he disappears in the sky. My wish to have at least one date with has came true. As for me, I'm joining my best friend, with her new boyfriend, I guess.

"Hey Penny, I was looking for you everywhere, what were you doing in that dark corner."

"Nothing, nothing, I thought there was a M.A.D agent, so I rushed to get him, but I was wrong.."

"Oh, I see what evil boy you mean... What have you found instead?"

Why do you have to be so curious at times "It was, it was..just a..a...A RAVEN! That's it, it was a small crow. It activated by flying one of our traps, huh." She was a little surprised at my stupid answer, but just ignored what I've said. Then, Chief Quimby told me that he is suspecting the presence of M.A.D agent here, but I just reassured him, with the same lie. And the party was just going fine. 

Just waiting for an other mission to see the flame of my heart, Talon. 

But the next mission isn't like any other!