Chapter 5: The Penetration. Part 1

Penny's view:

It's 11:25 p.m, uncle Gadget fell asleep since few minutes, thanks to Brain who managed to make him sleep very late, in order to be in deep slumber, then he won't wake-up in the middle of the night. "Thanks Brain, I can always count on you." Of course, he isn't satisfied of that infiltration in the HQ. "Oh C'mon, you know it's the only way to answer my questions." He's looking at me with an unpleasant way. "I mean, how many years in the futur, am I going to live without knowing.. the past? At a certain age, a girl starts wondering somethings, that never occurred before in her mind. I must do it, now, or never." I'm silent for a second, looking at my old family photo, then I quickly put it back into my pocket and I replicate: "Anyway, wish me good luck!" I'm looking at him, with a blended look, on one hand, I am confident in myself, and on an another, I have a little fear, "Good bye, Ohh..!" (hits a flowerpot) "Sorry, huh.." (mumbling) "This is what we call an awkward mission moment!".

Brain: (facepalm)

After a while:

I'm now in the HQ, it's really dark but I have my sort of Tron costume which glows and illuminates my passage.

After many jumps, movements and somersaults to avoid being unmasked, I've finally reached my goal: YES! The archives room! Wait a code?? Hope my codex can decode it, the security systems of the HQ are one of the most complicated in the whole world, I cross my fingers...It worked! Not only I was able to decode it, but I also disabled the magneto-optical traps. I'm penetrating there in total safety.

Let's see, M.A.D missions, lol what would I even do with that?! Imprisoned M.A.D agents, no, failed HQ missions, interesting but no, list of Chief Quimby's dreams, well..I don't wanna know that.... Ha Ha! Urgent calls from agents.. That's it : 24th January, 2002 from the Brown couple. Hmmm, I'm gonna listen to it and at the same time, my codex will save it.

Start of the call:

Urgent agent call number 431: "Hello, Chief Quimby, we have a big probleme, and we don't know if you're gonna hear our voices again.. Tell him Chris, while I'm trying to fix the bug. Okay Jennifer, Doctor Thaw is preparing probably his most evil shot, a big expolision which is supposed to slice the South Pole into dozens of parts, but actually, there's worse, this unknown person 'Margaret', downloaded a dangerous virus, the only thing that we know about her, is that she did know Dr.Thaw before; and if we don't find a way to cancel it, the lair will explose instead, please take care of our Penny, we love her and we don't want to let her alone, and we only have few minutes to..."

Chief Quimby: "Chris, Chris! Jennifer! Respond please.."

End of the call.

The screen turns off, I remain speechless without saying a single word, without doing a single move, it's like my heart was broken for real, while my eyes fill with tears.. "I cannot believe what I've heard 2 minutes ago".

"I said the same thing at time." I turn abruptly to see the chief looking at me sadly."

"Chief, I..I, just..Oh" The hurt and frustration flowed from my heart, I rushed into him while crying.

"That's alright, I know how you feel, but next time, when you need something, ask me before."

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll do that next time, and to be honest, I'll doubt there'll be a 'next time', that call was all what I've needed; but how did you-"

Before I finished my sentence, he replied: "It wasn't that hard, you did forget to close the secret passages you used."

(facepalm) "Omg, this is the worst error an agent can commit!"

"Anyway, seeing your emotional situation, I'll take you home."

"Thank you."

At home:

And now, I'm lying on my bed, but the truth is that I don't have the possiblity to sleep.. I'll try anyway, with our family picture in my arms..

Trivia:

-The Date: 24th January 2002 represents my birthday.

-The names of Penny's parents "Chris and Jennifer" are the names of Frozen's directors.

-So, if her parents died in 2002, and she was 5 at time, that means Penny was born in 1997, and that this story takes place in 2012, where Penny is 15.