Chapter 14: An Evil Good Love

Penny's view:

We're now at the HQ hospital where injured agents are taken. Talon's identity is unknown, to the nurses and the doctors, he's just a normal teen that has somehow been involved in M.A.D's plan. I don't know if they'd cure him if they knew he was Claw's nephew. Well, maybe they'd do so, but he'd be jailed after..

The doctor came out of the room, with a mixed look on his face: "Is he alright?"

"Sure he is, I'll let you see him but... Do you know him?"

I remain iced then I answer him: "I.. I don't.. I think he's related to the scholar who has been kidnaped by M.A.D." I lied to him, knowing that the scholar was just another incapable M.A.D agent.

"He refuses to say anything.. Maybe YOU should talk to him, because if he's an agent as well, but an evil one, he must be jailed. And please don't try hide anything because of his charm, girl." I can tell that he's been doubtful about me.

"No.. No don't worry, let us alone.. And I'll try to convince him to talk."

"Go along." But right before I enter the room, he added: "Do not betray the HQ, Penny."

I gasp then I open the door, my eyes catch up Talon's ones. And it's like something has changed in him.

"Hi pretty Penny." He said it in a low but still charming voice, due to his injures.

"Oh Talon, I've been so worried about you. Thank God you're going well! When will you be able to quit the HQ's hospital?"

"Not less than a week."

"I'm afraid they discover who you are.."

"You know me! I'm not afraid of anything! Besides let's talk about serious things .."

"Like what?"

"Like what we've said to each other right after I've been blasted." There's no mirror in front of me but I can tell that my cheeks are as red a ripe tomato! He continued: "Since when did you have feelings for me?"

My heart starts to beat. Again. Faster and faster. "Since.. Our first encounter. And you?"

"Me too. I didn't want to come to the HQ that day, but my uncle forced me to. It was the only way to save him, it felt so boring, especially with the HQ's grandpa, Quimby! But when I saw you.. I.. told myself that it was worth visiting the HQ."

"As for me, the HQ's missions are better now, because I knew you. They used to be normal days, but with you, I get excited to M.A.D's plan, even more that he gets."

Talon smiles to me, but then I remember that we must discuss about a much important topic: "But now that everything has changed.. What are we gonna do?"

His smile evaporates"What do you mean?"

"How can we be together, and still be on opposite sides?"

Talon's eyes changed completely: "I have to quit this hospital as soon as possible!"

"Wait.. Did I say anything bad?"

"No.. No, it's just that I have a score to settle with my uncle!"

"What?!"

Talon told me all of his uncle's dirty secrets, it's horrible what a person can do to a brother, his wife and his son.

"I have to kill him!" He said sure of himself.

"Talon.. As much as I have hate toward Claw, and now even more.. You're not like him." He looked at me, surprised, with wide opened eyes. "You're not anything like him. And I knew that the first time I knew you were his nephew. You were evil, but one thing for sure.. You're not a killer!"

His eyes are shining with a wonderful sparkle. "You're right Penny.. But, we can't let him free! We have to do something!"

"I do agree. When you'll feel better, we'll arrest him.." I put my hand on his hand. "Together!"

The boy's looking at me, with charming eyes, we're sharing a silent romantic moment, where I approach him slowly.. His head is very close to mine.. Our lips nearly met.. Suddenly someone enters the room. He lay down very quickly on his bed, trying to look normal.

"Penny.. I have to talk to you." Said the doctor.

"Okay." I throw a last look on Talon, before quiting the room.

"Well, what did he say?"

Gosh, what am I gonna tell her? "Well, he refused to talk about it."

"Are you sure? Because you two seemed so close."

"No no.. I mean yeah, but it was just a strategy to convice him to talk to me!"

The doctor looked at me unhappy, he's having doubts: "The HQ needs you."

I leave him, wondering what kind of crazy idea M.A.D is planning now without his nephew.

Talon's view:

After a while, the doctor entered the room. "Ah, you're awake... Little M.A.D agent!"

I make a shocked gaze, before I could say anything, he continues: "Yeah, you were too stupid to notice that I was recording your conversation. Now, you're gonna be jailed.. But don't worry, you won't be alone, your pretty girl will be jailed too, for trying to hide a dangerous secret.. YOU!

Now... I should worry!

Thank you so much for +3K views on this book 😄