Chapter Four

A few weeks after I first started hanging out with Francis and his friends, Gilbert and Antonio had begun to tease him whenever I was around. They would sing childish songs like "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" with our names. Oliver would join in and laugh manically.
When ever this occured, Francis would just blush and tell them to shut up. Which they wouldn't. I however, would just roll my eyes, and glare at Oliver. He was getting to be unbearable. Francis was always there to tell me he isn't real. He's actually been a huge help (when he's not being a huge douche).
However, no matter what, Oliver was always there like a guardian demon, always looking over my shoulder and making me anxious. He was planning something even if he couldn't accomplish it thanks to my meds. But...as much as I hate to admit it, I was terrified. Oliver always scared me, especially when I slept. He would take all my good dreams, enter them, and scare the shit out of me. Because of him, I had bags under my eyes because I was too scared to sleep. It wasn't fair. I wanted to talk with Francis about it, but he wouldn't ever be up at 2 in the morning. He needs his "beauty sleep."
"Arthur, Cher, are you okay?" Francis asked me one day over lunch.
"I...no," I confessed, and stared at my food.
"Heh heh! Yay~!! Now he gets to hear your insanity, and you won't have anymore friends~!" Oliver sang.
"Is it Oliver?" Francis asked softly so the others wouldn't hear. Even if he hadn't of whispered though, no one would've heard him over the sound of Gilbert yelling with Alfred and one of the new additions to our group, a Danish kid named Mathias Køhler.
"Yeah. He's been messing with my dreams, so I can't sleep at night..." I whispered back.
"Well, feel free to call me anytime this happens, okay, lapin?" Francis said.
"But....don't you need sleep?"
"Non, I'll be fine. I'm more worried about you than sleep."
"I....thank you, Frog," I smiled slightly as Oliver scowled and pretended to flip the table.
"Also, where is Oliver?" He asked. I pointed to where Oliver was pouting, and Francis scowled at him. "Leave Arthur alone, Oliver. There's no need for you to be irritating!"
Oliver stuck out his tounge. "You can't tell me what to do, Frenchie!!"
I smiled at Francis anyway. "Thanks. He won't listen, but thank you."
"Anything for you, cher."

~~~~

One day, we were all roaming around the mall together so we could show Lukas and his brother Emil, Tino, Berwald, and Mathias some of the best places to go as they had only been in town for a week. Oliver was trailing behind us. "Hey...Arthur?" Francis began as Alfred babbled on to the Scandinavian transfers. The Nordics, if you will.
"What is it?"
"I...well...I've found I quite like you, so...will you...go out with me?" He asked, his cheeks burning red.
"I...are you sure you want to date me? I...won't be able to tell what's real and what's not, not to mention Oliver likes to 'kill' the people I love..." I mummbled.
"I'm sure. And I'll always be there to tell you what's real," he smiled at me, and out the corner of my eye I saw Oliver's eyes light up with fury.
"Yes. I'll go out with you then," I smiled slightly.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING ARTHUR?! YOURE A LUNATIC, HE DOESNT LIKE YOU!!" Oliver started to shout at me, and I covered my ears and shut my eyes tight.
"Qu-quiet!" I yelled.
"NO ONE WILL EVER LIKE YOU!! WHY ARE YOU GOING TO BE A BURDEN TO HIM?! YOU ARENT WORTH HIS TIME!!" Oliver screamed.
"You're...wrong!!" I said, and I realized I was crying and curled up in a ball.
"Arthur!" I heard my friends shouting, but only barely above the noise Oliver was making.
"OH, AM I?! FRANCOIS!!! HE'LL TELL YOU THAT THAT STUPID FRENCHIE WILL NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS ACTUALLY CARE FOR YOU!!!!"
"STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!" I cried. Someone started to shake me, but I smacked them, thinking it was someone who wasn't real. People kept trying to help, or hurt, I'm not sure which, and I just pushed them all away. I think I passed out a bit later, because my memory goes dark and I can't remember much else.
I do know that when I woke up, I was in the hospital, surrounded by my friends and family. My friends were all in shock, and Francis had been crying. My mother and father were hugging each other, and even my brothers had come to see me. I just pretended I was still asleep before anyone saw me.