Chapter Seven

A few days after Christmas, Francis came back. He had surprised me at home, and brought me flowers, which François and Oliver had both insulted. Then, he noticed the scars along my arms. I hadn't told him about them because I didnt want him to worry. I had forgotten to wear a sweater when answering the door, so I was just in my pyjamas, which was a short sleeved T-shirt and flannel style pants. "Arthur....what happened?" Francis had asked as he lifted my arm.
  "Oh, Francis! You silly goose! He wanted to die because he's so pathetic!!" Oliver sang.
  "It...was an episode." I whispered. "One worse than any other..." I looked down at my slippers, ashamed. Francis pulled me into his arms and held me close.
  "I'm sorry...i-i should have been there for you. I'm so sorry..." Francis whispered to me.
  "This isn't your fault..." I whispered back.
  "Yep! Its all your fault, Arthur!" Oliver cackled behind me. François just sighed and said something about love being gross.
  Thats when my family came bounding down the stairs. My brothers were staying until the New Year began, as were my cousins. Naturally they all came down stairs at once except for Kaelin and Peter who were still asleep. Allistor and Carlin were fighting as usual, Dylan shouting along with them, not really taking sides, while Jett and his sister walked down normally.
  Unfortunately for me, Dylan saw Francis and I hugging first. "Oooooh!! Arthur has a...boyfriend?!" He shouted as Francis looked up and let me go. Francis blushed as he pushed his long hair behind his ears. I suppose the long hair tricked Dylan. Our height is basically the same, so I suppose I could see how Dylan thought Francis was a girl.
  "B-Bonjour. I'm Francis. I've been dating Arthur for a while now," he smiled as he walked in to introduce himself.
  "Yeah, but you dont love him, right?" François asked Francis, even though he knew Francis couldn't hear him.
  "Well, Slap my face and call me a pansy!" Allistor shouted. "Our baby brother's got 'imself a boyfrein'!"
  I blushed and rolled my eyes at Allistor's idiotic phrases, as my brothers pulled Francis and I into the dining room, Oliver and François following suit.
  "Now, Artie, we wanna know aaaaaaall about it!" Carlin said. "How'd you know you were gay??"
  "He's not gay. Just stupid," François chimed in.
  "Uh...I...I dont know...?" I shrugged as Oliver laughed at me and Francis blushed.
  "OK then...how'd you two meet?" Dylan asked.
  "We knew each other...in 6th grade," I whispered and the three idiots went silent. They knew thats when I was at my worst.
  "Does he see things too?" Little Jessica piped up as she poured herself a cup of tea.
  I smiled sadly at her, "No. But he helps me."
  "I like him then. Can he help me too?" She asked, in her own prim and proper way.
  "Absolutely, petite," Francis smiled. Oliver and François both scowled at the joy settling in and a flying mint bunny replaced them. The bunny zoomed around the room, and smiled.
  "So, Francis," Carlin began, continuing the earlier conversation, "what do you like about my baby brother?"
  "Our baby Brother, dumbass," Allistor said.
  "Shut up and let him talk!" Dylan interrupted them.
  "Ah la la...Il y a trop...bon...il est trés mignon et gentil. Il parle...c'est timid mais fort..." Francis said, the words gently flowing.
  "Eugh, tu es très mal et bizarre..." François butted in. I could kind of understand them both.
  "Hey, frog. In English, please?" Allistor scowled.
  "S-sorry. I've been in France with my family for the past few weeks. I didnt mean to slip back into my first language," Francis blushed.
  "He's being suspicious," Oliver said. "I think he's cheating on you."
  "What I had said was basically that there are a lot of things. That he is cute and kind. And the way he speaks is shy yet so strong...if that makes any sense..." Francis smiled at me.
  "Gross!!!" Overreacted the triplets.
  "You three are so loud," Jessica cried out as she placed down her tea. Eliza is screaming at me because of you guys!" She pointed to the air, fury on her face.
  "Oh, sorry, Jess." Dylan apologized.
  "Jess, did you take your medicine?" Jett spoke up for the first time.
  "Yes. She just doesn't like them. Thats all." Jessica frowned, shrugged, and then went back to reading her book and mumbling.
Jett smiled at his sister, mumbled something under his breath, my guess is about how stupid my brothers are, and went back to eating his toast and marmite.
  I saw François walk over to Jett and stare at he toast. "What the hell is on that?"
  "Something gross?" Oliver chimed in. "Like Artie's eyebrows?"
  I scowled at Oliver then looked back at Francis. "Thank you," I smiled at him.
He smiled at me, then turned back to my brothers.
  "It was quite nice meeting all of you, but I'll leave you to your breakfas-" he was cut off by my mother and father walking downstairs.
  "Francis?" My mother smiled. "Hi! Welcome back!" She was holding Peter and Kaelin was following behind happily. Peter grinned at Francis when he saw him.
  "Fwancis!" He grinned with his two front teeth missing.
  "Hi, Francis," Kaelin smiled.
  "Welcome home, sport," my father smiled.
  "Would you like to stay for breakfast? I'm making pancakes!" My mom offered.
  "I... Alright. Thank you, Mrs. Kirkland." Francis smiled and sat down.
The rest of that day was quite nice. That night was a night I will never forget...

(A/N: MUWAHAHAHAHA! CLIFF HANGER! Lol, jk. It'll be on here within a day or two. Sorry I've been gone for so long! Maybe this filler update makes up for it?? OuO)