Once Upon A Tear

I knocked on the door but when i went to knock again the door flew open, I gasped at my knuckles suddenly flying into Gabe's stomach. He looked at me with suprise as i straightened myself up and cleared my throught. here goes nothing.

            I started walking down the street again hoping my next guess wouldn't be a bust or awkward.when out of the corner of my eye I saw the girl from the day before. I turned and started running to follow her but when I turned the corner she swiftly turned she was nowhere to be found. I started to get annoyed so I decided to do what i did last time this happened to me go to the town archives.

            I walked to the house and found Sophia sitting in the lounge chair with her arms folded and a hurt expression on her face. guess he got in big trouble this time. I pointed upstair as a gesture to where Diane was. She nodded and turned to face the water that was sitting on the table since morning. I walked up the stairs to find Diane in my room waiting for me.

             "hey what's up? where was he?" I started as I saw a tear go down her face. why is she crying?

              I sat down on my bed next to her and hugged her she seemed so distant what was going on?