The Man In The Suit

Toby awoke to a throbbing pain in his cheeks. "O-ow", he said grabbing the tender flesh. He could feel the blood pulsating in his skin.
Pushing himself up from the hard floor, he came to the realization that he wasn't on the cliff anymore. In fact, it seemed as if he wasn't anywhere. The world surrounding him was pitch black. He looked up in hope of seeing some bright celestial being, but to his disappointment found none.
Suddenly his head began to feel foggy, like it was being suffocated in thick smoke. A voice resonated, pounding against the walls of his skull, causing his ears to ring. Instinctively he reached for his head, gripping at his hair.
"TOBY", the voice boomed. Panicky, he frantically looked around searching for the source of this retched noise. He didn't think it was the voices, it sounded quite different. Alarming, almost paralyzing.
"TOBY LISTEN." The voice was terrible. Almost like a screeching static. The tremendous pain caused Toby to double over. He wanted to bang his head on the floor, he wanted to make it stop.
"TOBY, YOU ARE NOW TO WORK FOR ME. DO AS I SAY, AND YOUR MOM MAY BE SAVED. YOUR OWN LIFE WILL BE SPARED."
This terrible noise was causing his vision to blur and his eyes to water. The sound of hearing about his mom brought some light into his eyes though. "Mom", he whimpered like a helpless child. "Mom!"
What had become of her? She must be alive. Why else would the voice say such a thing?
"TOBY DO YOU AGREE TO THIS? WILL YOU DO AS I SAY?"
He was willing to do anything to get his mom back. He wanted the pain to go away too. He didn't care at this point what he had to do, just as long as things could go back. The only thing missing would be Lira. They could meet in heaven though right? You can't exactly bring back the dead. But you can heal the living.
"I- I AGREE", Toby shouted trying to over power the voice. As those words left his lips, the pain from his head started to diminish. Slowly he rose back up, only to be suffocated by smoke.
Toby coughed hysterically, his lungs switching oxygen for this thick smoke. Desperately he choked, hoping for the oxygen that never came. Soon enough, he was out cold again.

A/n: yeah a second chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading it! And don't worry, every chapter will not end with him blacking out. It's just necessary for the story to progress at this point. And as promised the chapters will soon be longer. Just in the near future. Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading! Have a fantabulous day ^_^