A Mission Worth Waiting For

Toby sat at the table awaiting the held back news. It had seemed that this particular mission was weighing his two comrades down, and it made him curious as to what the problem was. They seemed to have a lot of trouble spitting it out though.
     "H-hey guys", he said trying to get their attention again. He waved his hand, dragging them from the depths of their thoughts. "Hm", Masky said finally giving his attention. "Y-you w-wanted to t-tell me about t-the mission?" Masky cupped his chin in his hands, taking a deep sigh.
       Never had Toby expected this much of emotion from the two. They were killers. Why would killers feel the pain of sadness and anguish. Toby sighed as well, feeling that they were making this more difficult. Geez, he already had a blood bath in a town for no reason. What could be worse then that?
     "So Toby, about the mission", Masky started. Toby perked up, eager to finally hear what he had to say. Toby was listening so intently to the unspoken words that he didn't even notice Hoody had left. Not until Masky had turned his head and Toby mimicked.
     "What's h-his deal?" Toby watched as he disappeared down the hall. It was odd because Hoody seemed to be the happy one. Well, as far as stable, happy killers go... Then again, was any killer really stable. He couldn't tell. He never thought himself to be stable.
     "Anyways", Masky said drawing Toby's attention back to him. Toby stood up slamming his hands on the table. This sudden burst of anger frightened Masky, almost making him fall from his chair. "Just tell me already", Toby shouted. Masky looked at him wide eyed. This sudden action was revealing to be surprising.
"T-Toby", he stuttered. Toby looked at him with disgust. "Don't sputter", he said sternly. Masky looked at him, puzzled as to what the hell was going on. What was with this change in attitude? He wasn't even stuttering himself! A speech impediment doesn't disappear within seconds.
Masky stood up and dusted his clothes out of nervousness. Before him stood Toby, arms crossed, as well as his expression. "Well?! Aren't you going to say something", Toby spat angrily. Masky was still in shock from what was happening. "Uh.. Yes", he said his voice shaking.
Why was he scared? He could probably bring down Toby within seconds. Maybe it was the dense, unsettling air. Or maybe because he knew how unstable people could be dangerous. Then another thought occurred to him. Lately Toby hadn't been having odd conversations with himself... Was it possible...
Suddenly Masky felt his shoulders being violently shaken. "Hello! Anyone there!" Once he was released, his vision blurred and a dazed look took hold of his face. "Yes the mission..." He grabbed the back of the chair so he wouldn't fall. "Finally", Toby mumbled. Toby leaned against the chair, his face looking not as angry.
"Well, we are going to murder one person..." Toby rolled his eyes as if that wasn't obvious. "Likewise... Now hurry up and quit stalling!" Masky starting messing with the hem of his sleeve, uncomfortable with this suddenly new Toby. "It's a patient at a hospital..."
Toby groaned becoming aggravated again. "Are you going soft", he exclaimed. Again, Masky felt confused. "No I-" Masky was cut off by Toby beginning to rant. "Who gives a damn if it's a patient! Easier to kill right? That makes my life easier!"
Masky was taken aback by his reaction. He was acting insensitive... Which truly was odd for Toby. Since Toby had come here, he always had trouble distinguishing things, and always felt guilt. The mission hadn't even started and he was already fine with it.
"Can you just give me the details", he asked impatiently. Masky nodded, still hazed by his thoughts. "St. Bernard Hospital... Second floor, west wing... Room 237..." Masky spoke as if in another dimension. Like his spiritual being wasn't there with them. "Finally", Toby groaned. "Now was that so hard?!"
Toby stormed off, presumably to his room. Hoody came from his hiding spot and wandered over to Masky. "What was that", he asked. Masky looked up, not expecting to see Hoody there, even when he had heard his voice. "I.. I don't know..." Though he actually did have an idea. And it all had to do with his unstable mind and those damned voices.

A/n: Bet you weren't expecting that! I sure wasn't lol. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed Thanksgiving as well as today. Thank you for reading and have a fantabulous day! ^_^
Ps: One chapter left! Final comes out next week! Then I will release the first chapter of "The language of hands"