Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Before Bootcamp 

I was awaken once again by Maddie.  

"Summer, Wake up! You've got school! And you need to enjoy it because you won't be back for a long time!" Maddie announced. 

I groan and roll over to face the other way. But i couldn't stay like that for long, I was rolled back over to the other side by Maddie. 

"Gee fine!" I finally gave up and told her to meet me down stairs. I got ready for another typical Monday. As I was getting dressed I wondered if today would be any different from any other day. I raced downstairs realising the time. It's 8.00! I need to eat breakfast and then drive with Maddie to school. I need to be their by 8.30. "Gahh, So much thinking" I thought to myself. 

"Good Morning!" I sang annoyingly. 

"Morning Sums." Mum replies. 

"Morning Sweetie" Dad says. 

I took a peek at what Mum was making. Her classic pancakes. We still had strawberries and cream in the fridge. I grabbed the strawberries and cream from the fridge and set them down on the table, Maddie took that as a cue to grab some plates from the cupboard. Grace was being of some use and she took some drinks and cups out of the cupboard. Ever since Grace started College last year she's been grumpy, I understand she's been in a lot of stress so I don't need to get too angry at her. 

We had a nice family breakfast, something that I'll be missing when I'm at bootcamp. We just had small talk before it was time to leave. I went back upstairs to pack my school things before heading out the door with Maddie on my tail. Everything was just typical. Maddie and I talked about One Direction before playing some tracks off the Take Me Home album. I gave Maddie a tight squeeze before she left the car. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I was greeted at the front gate by Christian, Layla, Jules, Amber, Eric, Julian, Alice, Eve, Jessica and Annabelle. 

The first to see me was Annabelle, she ran straight to me and apologized for last week. They were just mad that I couldn't trust them about having time for us girls again. I couldn't stay mad at A, Anna, Eve and Jess for long, I've known them since forever! I gave them all hugs and they congratulated me on the news of getting in. I was surprised at the fact that my audition has already gone to gossip even though it was just yesterday and the series won't air til' February or March. We all walked to Christian, Layla, Jules, Amber, Eric and Julian. I gave them all a hug and I talked to Christian about how the girls new.  

"I'm sorry, I just had to tell someone, but these people are the only ones who know!" He smirked.  

"Is that all" I interrogated his every move to see if he was lying. Had he told anyone else? 

"Well yeah." He smiled and we all walked to my first class. I was glad to be surrounded by a lot of friends. My first class was English. I was with Christian and we just talked. I didn't take the lesson too seriously because even if I got back from Bootcamp, from not making it in, That wouldn't be for a few months. The rest of the day was pretty normal. I met up with all of my friends at the basket ball courts. 

In my head, I was thinking about how I was suppose to finish this year if I make it past bootcamp. I would be back at around June-July. I probably would finish my studies and then decide if I want to make singing a career. 

After school I went to work after dropping Maddie home and feeding my dog. Everything was the same as last week. There were a few snack orders and a few big family meals. On my first break I took the chance to talk to my manager. I told him how I have to leave early and everything but I'll still be able to come to work tomorrow. He was really nice about it and said that I won't exactly be fired but yeah. He congratulated me once more before I continued work again. 

I got home around 7.30 ish and just went to sleep early. This day was kinda big but not as big as what's coming ahead.

Once again, I was woken buy Maddie. She was getting upset because this is my last day with her for a while. Mum prepared a special breakfast and even Grace was being nice. I drove Maddie and I to school one last time for a long time. School was regular, nothing special happened except for the fact that Jessica and Annabelle and Christian made me a Good Luck party at school. We had an unexpected school gathering. Everyone made their way to the hall and finally the principal started to talk. Like always, I wasn't really listening not until I heard my name and everyone looked towards me. I got up and made my way to the front and everyone was clapping. I was wondering what was going on until then I realised the principal was congratulating me for getting into Xfactor boot camp. I eyed Christian and he just shrugged it off. I thought he didn't tell anyone?! Maybe someone must have noticed from our little Good Luck party. After the congratulating part I was able to sit back down. They had a few more notices about the school and everything and then the bell went. Everyone rushed out of the hall, happy that school had ended. 

I took Maddie home once again before leaving for work. We had a little good luck party as well and the manager even let me go home early. Dad and Mum took all of us out to a buffet for a congratulations, good luck, fare well thing. We ended the night by going to my favourite dessert shop. I got home and packed my clothes for tomorrow and what I would wear tomorrow. I got my passport and everything set and once I re-checked everything for the 3rd time I finally was satisfied enough to fall asleep. What a big few weeks ahead of me.