Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Preparation

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. It was set at 7.00 a.m. The only person who knew was Christian so I had to meet up with him somewhere. I wasn't sure if he wanted to pick me up or meet me there so I pulled out my phone to ask, suddenly I realise how early it might be. X-factor auditions don't exactly start until 10 a.m. and they don't finish until late, I still had heaps of time to get ready seeing that I was going to audition last. Christian thinks we would have plenty of time and that we should practise at his place seeing that my parents have no clue that I'm auditioning. It's still going to be a long line when we get there so I can stay at Christian's until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and head over to the convention centre, He says it takes only half an hour to get there and then we have to sign up and wait in line. X-factor finishes audition at 7 p.m. As all these calculations were running through my mind I was lying in bed looking out the window. It was also a wonderful day like yesterday. Okay, I decided to call Christian to pick me up at around 10:30 then we can practise for about 5 hours. After all this thinking I decided to finally get up.

I walk over to my wardrobe and look at my clothes. What am I going to wear? I need to make a good impression. It is fairly hot outside so I believe I should wear a simple summer dress. I had heaps of that so now it's a matter of deciding what colour or style. Should I got with the flowery look or the polka dots look or the plain colours This was a little tricky so I decided to grab 3 of my favourite from each style. My simple white floral dress, my pink and black polka dress that has a belt with it or my plain lilac summer dress that is longer at the back compared to the front.

I crept along the hall way, being sure not to wake anyone up and I head over to the bathroom. I pick up my brush and gently brush through my brown hair. As I stare at my blue eyes from the reflection of the mirror, I have a thought of what I'm going to look like. I don't want to look like someone I'm not, I think I should just leave my hair straight and leave everything natural; well except for my face. Just a tad bit of make-up. Once i'm done brushing my hair I strip and walk into the shower.

As the warm water rinses through my hair I pick up the shampoo and squirt some in my hair, then after that I did the same with the conditioner and then washed my whole self. Once I was satisfied with how cleansed i felt I walked out and got dress. I wrapped a towel around my hair and one around my body and head back to my room. After i put on my under-garments ( You know, the bras and stuff) I pull over the lilac dress and stand in the mirror gazing at how i looked. Hmm, It didn't look quite right for an audition, it looked as if I was going to the beach. I sigh and remove the dress, putting on the white floral dress. Nope, not happy with it, something wasn't right. So i hoped for the best and got dressed into my final outfit choice. There, I smiled at the girl in the mirror and she smiled back, I guess we were both happy with the dress. (The other girl refers to Sums' reflection).

Since I chose to leave my hair naturally straight, I also didn't know whether I should wear it with a headband tie the front part back or what, so i looked at my dressing table, there were tons of headbands and make up supplies and jewellery scattered all over the place. I waited a bit for my hair to dry out and I brush it down. I got one of the pins and a front piece of my hair; I pinned the strand of hair to the back, I don't think it suit my outfit. Next I got a simple headband that suit the belt of the dress, It was perfect. I picked up a few bracelets for some 'style' and apply basic make-up. I glanced down at my phone at found the time to be 8:30. Wow, it's gone quick! I went down to eat some breakfast.

Considering the day, Sunday, everyone was sleeping in. I tip-toe down the stairs so I wouldn't make a sound. I found my self staring at the kitchen, with hope in my mind that I might actually be good enough to be accepted, what if this was the last time I might ever eat at this kitchen for a long time? I pushed the thought back and walk towards the cupboard, grabbed one egg ,bread and cinnamon. I grabbed a pan from the shelf and a bowl and plate. I then began to make myself some french toast.

15 minutes later I was done with the cooking so I put the pan in the sink and the bowls. I sat down and turn on the television before grabbing my plate and eating, I then realised the time, It was just past 9 so i decided to call Christian and remind him about stuff. I ate my food first and head back to my room to pick up my phone. I take the phone with me back to where I was downstairs and called Christian.

Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Be-

C: Hello?

S: Hey, Don't forget to pick me up, I think that was the plan.

C: Oh yeah I'll be there in an hour.

S: Okay, I'll text you my address

C: Yeah, that would be great or else I wouldn't know where to pick you up at.

-both giggles-

S: Well See you in a bit

C: Yeah, Alright.

S: Ta~

C: Goodbye

-Phone call ended-

I had nothing else to do so I went back in my room and quickly pack a small bag to bring with me. I wrote a not for my parents to read so they won't get worried when they find my gone.

Dear Mum, Dad, Maddie or Grace.

I went out early and I didn't want to wake you up so I just left. I'll be back before 9.00. Sorry if I come a little late. I'll just be out with the girls and staying over at one of their's watching movies. I'll be back as soon as possible and don't worry about me, I got my phone and everything so text or call me if anything comes up.

See ya later!

- Summer

I sat back down on the couch, watching television and holding the note. I was watching 'Charmed.' We had the whole series. I only had time for one episode so I chose it randomly. A few minutes after it ended there was a knock at the door. I put the note on the kitchen counter so one of them could find it and I make my way to the door and open it.

"Hey, You ready?" Christian asks.

"Yeah, Let's go." I reply.

He drives to his house and we spent the remaining time practising my version of 'Little Things.' Next thing I know it was time to leave.