Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Trip to London 

Now it's 8:00. Everything is set. I'm ready to go. After my final goodbyes to my Grace, off the rest of us went to the airport. Grace, unfortunately, couldn't make it because she has to go to her exams. I did wish her good luck and I am going to miss her. Mum and dad booked my flight at 1:30 p.m so we had plenty of time to get there, check in, talk for a while and then, finally, walk to the terminal.  

Dad was driving, Mum in the passenger seat, Maddie and I at the back. We were just having a laugh and listening to the radio. It won't be long til we get there. Another 10 or 15 minutes to go. I stare out to the window while passing by the fresh, bright, green meadows and I smile. I'm going to miss this place. I hope I don't get home sick! In the distance I can see the airport, a few planes landing, a few planes departing. We had to go in the lane which said Departing. 

Mum gave me the print out forms of the details about my flight. I look down to read it. My plane is the 'British Airways' and the terminal is gate 73. The time I have to check in is 1:00. I'm in Economy class, next to a window; F1. I look up again and notice that the car is parked. Time to go. We got out of the car and Dad got my luggages from the back. I check my handbag to see if I got everything one last time. Phone: Check. Wallet: Check. Passport: Check. Gum to chew when we land: check. Ear phones: check. I got everything. I smile at how good I was at planning. 

We head down the airport all the way to the end to where 'British Airways' are. When we got there, there was a huge crowd of people I could recognise from school. They had banners and posters wishing me good luck. I recognise some from the music block and especially Christian, Jessica and Annabelle. Jessica and I made eye contact and yelled something out and then everyones eyes was glued on me. I stepped closer and closer and once I was close enough Christian whispered "3.2.1" and then everyone shouted out "Good Luck Summer!" I smiled and a tear slid down my face. Christian walked towards me and explained how he was so happy for me. He gave me a kiss on my cheek which made me blush. I headed off to my other friends where they each had a little present for me. Jessica got my a necklace that had a "S" in silver with diamonds. Annabelle bought me some lollies that I could enjoy in the plane. Layla, Jules and Amber pitched in some way by inviting all the people and told them there was an after party if they came. I was quite happy that was my gift because they made me feel so welcomed with all the people and of course to be at the after party you have to be there to wish me goodbye. Alice and Eve got me a earings and matching bracelets. And Christians friends all gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek wishing me goodluck and everything.  

Dad came with me to Check in and put my baggage in and then I stayed to talk to everyone for a few hours before going through some doors and then to gate 73. Most people just wished me good luck. Some others complimented me on how well I sang on Monday. The rest just said that they wouldn't be surprised if I made it all the way and won. Everyone said they would vote for me as I started to walk away. The all said "Good Luck Summer" once again before I left and then Christian ran up to me before I was at the doors to the other side.  

"Hey, erms, Summer." He said whilst rubbing the back of his neck which was obviously a sign of nervousness.  

"Yeah?" I said and turned around 

Christian's P.O.V 

I wanted to tell Sums how I felt but I didn't know how. I can't just ask her out when she's leaving. What should I say? Gosh, Silly me I should have just stayed with the crowd.  

"Hey, Erms, Summer." I yelled. I felt foolish and I rubbed the back of my neck, nervous on what I should do. As she turned around her beautiful brown hair perfectly flipped. If I was One Direction, I would say that she got my overwhelmed. I tried to hide me blushing. 

"Yeah?" She replied.  

"I-I- I er." I stuttered. She pulled me in for a hug and I smiled. I felt like such a girly-girl.  

" It's okay. Thank you for everything. I wouldn't have done this without you" She said so nice and cutely.  

"Er- Yeah Umms It's alright Summer." I couldn't clearly say the words back. I just hugged her tighter. "Summer?" I asked. 

"Yeah Christian?" She replied. 

"I'm going to miss you and I know I wouldn't see you for a long time because you are going to win this thing and I hope you won't change. Remember I'll always be there waiting for you. Call me when you land maybe?" I whispered by her ear. 

"Sure thing" She pulled away from the hug and gave me a kiss on my cheek. She then continued. "Don't take this the wrong way Christian but."  

I froze in my tracks, What was she going to say?! 

"Mmhmm?" It wasn't a word but that's the only thing I could say. She took it as a sign to continue. 

"I Love you. You've been such a good friend to me and I just, like- you.. You should be the one here, You have a brilliant voice." She smiled. 

"No, You deserve the spot. Maybe when you become famous we could do a duet but until then." I paused and looked at her beautiful bright blue eyes. "I Love you too." I smiled. She looked at her phone and realised she had to go. We said our good byes and I made my way to Layla's car. As I was walking away I realised something. She said I was a Good Friend which could only mean she didn't feel the same way about me. I was saddened at the thought but was then made me happy that atleast we could be best friends. 

Now I'm on my way to the after party. I told Layla to stop the car at my house, I didn't feel like going. I just want to think about Summer, I just lost her but I know she'll be back. 

Summer's P.O.V 

I walked away from Christian, I am truly going to miss him. His smile and everything. I fought the urge to have feelings for him because I need to keep on track. My future is ahead of me now. I found my way to the gate and it wasn't too long til' they started boarding people. I smiled and look back before heading down the hall to take my seat.  

A few hours later I landed at the London airport and hailed a cab after getting all my bags.I gave the cab driver my hotel address and off we go. He stopped and told me the total cost of the. It wasn't that much but I had heaps of money with me. I took out the lollies I had hidden in my bag because I forgot about them in the plane. After happily paying the driver I stepped out to the hotel. I stood out at the front and took my phone out. I took a picture and posted it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. In an instant I got likes on my photos and everything. I got to the counter and gave them my name and details and one of the workers helped bring my luggage to the 18th floor, my floor. 

Once I got inside I thanked the helper and I gave him a tip. He left and I was on my own. I took a photo from the outside of my window, it was beautiful. I posted it on facebook with the caption 'My view.' I posted it and I decided to call Mum. We had a lovely talk and then she had to go, she had work tomorrow, she passed the phone to Maddie, Grace and Dad and then I hung up. I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth and then I pulled out my phone again. I went to contacts and called Christian to let him know I was safe. It had only been just over a week but I've come to trust Christian, he's my best friend.  

C: Hey it's Christian. 

S: Hey! 

C: Sums! How are you! 

S: Great. I miss home already though. I just thought to give you a call because you told me to.  

A laugh escaped under my breath. 

C: Oh aha, Well how about you call me tomorrow, if you want, and yeah because I still have school tomorrow. 

S: Oh right. Sorry. How about you call me because I might call at a bad time.  

C: Okay. Bye Summer. 

S: Bye! 

And with that I put the phone down, watched a bit of tv and drifted off to sleep.