Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Last Family Breakfast 

One last morning here. It's going to be a while before I come back, I still hope I make it through bootcamp and not make any mistakes. Before I knew it I was wide awake. I stare blankly at the white ceiling above, just lying there with no care in the world. I turn to my bed side table and check the clock. 6:47. I somehow woke up early. No one was awake yet. I decided to get up and triple check my luggage and check that I have everything I needed. I stretched out my arms and looked out the window. The sun is just rising, the birds are chipring,singing, talking in the tree and there are a few cars going past. It was truly a beautiful day to be leaving on. I decided to leave on a happy note with everyone in my family so once I finished checking everything I crept down the hall to the stairs to the Kitchen to make some breakfast.  

I took out some bacon, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and some sausages. I decided to make a very common breakfast here. Something that would fill our stomachs. I brought out the bread and put it next to the toaster. I got out a pan and a spatula, a bowl and a spoon. I made a thick scramble eggs mixture and cooked that. I plopped the bacon on another pan and let that cook on it's own for a while and I put the sausages with the bacon just to be heated up again. When everything seemed perfectly cooked I got out 5 plates and sorted everything equally. I put on the kettle and brought out some juice. I placed everything on the table and ran upstairs to wake everyone before it went cold. 

First was Grace's room. There were books lying all about and her laptop was still open. I sat on her bed and nicely woke her up. By nicely I mean I shook her until she woke up.  

"Grace, Wake up. The food is on the table and if you don't wake up it'll go all cold!" I teased. She groaned and then replied. 

"Okay, give me a few minutes." I nod and head out to Maddie's room. 

Maddie's room was filled with posters. I smiled and gave a little wave to the one filled with One Direction. Ha- I felt so foolish. I walked up to Maddie's bed and found that one of her pillows fell of the bed so I picked it up and wacked her face with it. 

"Ow!" She said groggily.  

"Wake up. Food. Table. Eat. Before. Cold." I gave her the basic words and with that she got up and ran downstairs.  

Now it was time to wake up mum and dad. I got up from Maddie's bed and I walked to the door of mum and dad's room. I knocked. No answer. I opened the door and walked in, they were both sleeping peacefully. I woke them up to tell them food was ready and they said to give them a few minutes. 

I went back downstairs to find Maddie eating away, already with toast. She was watching tellie and it seemed to be Spongebob on.  

I made mum and dad some coffee and then Grace some tea. Once I was done I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, I thought really hard and then realised it was Grace. I don't know how but I knew it was her. A minute after that I heard a few more footsteps and realised it was my parents. They all made their way to the kitchen and we gobbled up the food. Maddie later on joined us when Sponge bob had finished. 

Everyone thanked me for the wonderful breakfast. I even let Jessie inside and fed her some of my food. After that Mum did the dishes and I went back up to get ready for the plane that leaves at 12. I look at the clock above the kitchen counter before I left and found it to be 7:57.