15. "I lied"

Stripes of light flashed over Layla's face and forced her eyes to flicker. Unsettled dust invaded her nostrils causing her to sneeze leading to an abrupt awakening. She rubbed her eyes to eliminate the blurry vision to see the inside of a very old coffin. She was laying in a full on coffin. Sorry, I feel the need to say that again. The girl was lying in a coffin. Did the world really want to get rid of her that much? The two sides made contact with her shoulders and it was claustrophobic to say the least.

For a terrifying second she thought she was dead, her life flashed before her eyes. She had made so many mistakes, wasted so much time and worst of all her body would never be found. It was such a short life. Barely enough time to cram any of the things she wanted to do in. A sense of under achievement washed over her (like when you finally buy Mayfair in monopoly but it's all wasted because nobody lands on it) she genuinely thought this was the end, then she remembered Draculaa was just a twat.

There were then a few minutes of recollection.

"That's it" Draculaa boomed opening the creaking coffin door.

"NO! Don't hurt me!" Layla squealed.

Draculaa yanked her petite body from the bed ignoring her lack of decent clothing and carried her towards the coffin. It wasn't a romantic bridal hold but more of a mother desperately trying to control a misbehaving toddler whilst they scream about child abuse at the top of their tiny lungs.

"I'm going to put you in the coffin" Draculaa threatened loosening his grip slightly.

"NO"

"Is it agoy?"

"It's yoga!"

"Are you sure?"

"I shall not be silenced"

Layla was then dumped into the coffin along with the cobwebs and the door was cruelly shut. It wasn't locked but when Layla came back out she saw Draculaa had occupied the bed and decided that sleeping in the coffin was the lesser of two evils.

Layla pushed open the coffin door lightly and attempted to creep out without waking Draculaa. He went from snoring to super fast speed as he practically sublimated from the bed and reformed at the door blocking her path.

"You can't go down there like that" He said handing Layla some clothes and pointing purposely at the door where she could change.

Once changed she grabbed Draculaa's arm to take him downstairs.

"Make me a sandwich" Draculaa instructed.

"No, make me breakfast" Layla replied. "Who has sandwiches for breakfast anyway?"

"It's like 6:00 pm for humans that's dinner time isn't it?"

"Yes"

"Make me a sandwich"

"Make me breakfast"

"Make me anything" Freddie joined in as he walked into the room. "I'm in such a good mood"

"Why?" Draculaa asked.

"Well I had a great night with your Mum" He said with a grin on his face leaving both Draculaa and Layla extremely unimpressed.

"That wasn't even original"

***

"So you're taking me out..hunting" Layla said unsurely.

"Well the chickens didn't last very long and they'll be suspicious if you don't come" Draculaa explained. "Not the chickens.. My parents"

"Chickens?"