Prologue

Three blood-sucking villains crept through the lilac fog seeping through the cracked paving stones. The lamps poorly lighting the dingy back alley flickered, proving an eery atmosphere. The mysterious figures that were the terrifying vampires slipped behind a few dustbins and awaited their prey, which made it that much creepier. But unfortunately they were just as dim as the alleyway, a safe assumption for anybody listening into their quarrelling.

"I think we chose a good location this time." One of the three vampires whispered.

"Yeah, any moment our unsuspecting victim will walk down this path" The tall one replied with a slight cackle.

"This is much better than that primary school we tried to terrorise."

"Why does everyone keep bringing that up?" The tall one snapped.

"It was kind of funny though"

"There is nothing funny about having your cape stolen by an 8 year old boy, viscous things they are."

"It was a 4 year old girl."

"You don't know that"

"Come on she was 4"

"Shut up"

"There's a person!" one of them squealed.

"Keep the noise down!"

A girl tied down with the uniform of a fast food shop was struggling with two bulging bin bags. She lifted the lid of the rubbish bin they were hiding behind and continued struggling to put the bin bags inside, only wanting to get home.

"Go on bite her then"

"No you bite her"

"Well I'm not doing it"

Their argument was cut short with a loud "What do you think you are doing?" from the baffled girl as she spotted them crouching in the shadows.

The alley was then filled with the shrill screams of three vampires as they echoed of the close walls. They soon stopped screaming and the girl looked down at them with an unimpressed expression plastered on her face.

"Okay it got awkward. abort!" The tall one yelled. "Abort the mission"

The three vampires then transformed into fluttering black bats quickly flying away, one flew straight into her face causing another scream from her mouth to fill the once peaceful alleyway. Avoiding more collisions the vampire bats quickly escaped the alley leaving the girl, stunned.

A tall handsome man shot out from the door the girl came from.

"I heard screaming?" He asked out of breath.

"I saw.. I mean I thought I saw..."

"Saw what?"

"It doesn't matter, I think I'm just really really tired" She sighed.

"Layla, you're overworked" He pulled her towards the door and winked making her shift uncomfortably.