Intern

Ao3 // not mine

I updated bc im bored asf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most days, Liam didn't really mind wearing a suit, complete with tie. It made him feel successful, accomplished. Especially that one certain day when his car wouldn't start and he had to take a cab. The driver was his old high school bully, fat, and looking older than he actually was. Liam had never felt that confident in his life before. He had been wanting for a few years now to show his bully how far he'd come. Wearing a suit and tie to work and shit.

He knew he was good looking, ladies his age – and girls a lot younger – were practically throwing themselves at him. They would always blush and giggle whenever he winked or smiled at them. The man always cursed himself for not being that confident around men though.

But today, Liam hated his suit. Children were outside in their swimsuits, playing with water. Adults who had a day off tried to stay in the shadow as much as possible, cool drinks always within their reach. The fans in Liam's office were spinning like mad, but it didn't really help.

Liam couldn't pay attention to his work. His tie was itching and in the hallway was standing a gorgeous young boy, chatting with one of the ladies at the front desk. He had blonde hair, pink cheeks and blue eyes.

Liam's boss, mister Cowell, walked over to the boy, shook his hand and they walked towards Liam's office. The man quickly went to work again, or at least he pretended to do so.

"Mister Payne"

Liam looked up. His eyes were met with stunning blue ones. He wanted to look away but he couldn't.

"This is mister Horan, your intern"

"My intern?" Liam didn't know he'd have an intern.

"Yes. Your intern. Mister Styles called in sick today, so he's all yours now" mister Anderson stated.

'all mine'

Liam smiled up at the boy.

"Good, I'll leave you two to it. I have to go, see you two tomorrow. Mister Payne, Mister Horan"

And with that, mister big boss was gone. Much to Liam's delight.

"Hi, I'm Liam"

"Niall"

"Glad he's gone, now I can finally get rid of this stupid jacket and tie" Liam grinned while removing his jacket.

Niall simply smiled.

'God, that smile is to die for' Liam thought to himself.

When Niall's smile turned into an expecting glance, Liam had to bring himself back to reality.

"Right. Let's start with showing you around, yeah?" Liam suggested.

-----

"Okay, since you were supposed to be Harry's intern, they didn't tell me anything about you. So... Please, introduce yourself" Liam watched Niall expectantly.

"Erm, I'm Niall Horan. I just moved here from Mullingar, Ireland. I'm nineteen and in my last year of high school. I didn't graduate last year because I was in an accident. I missed quite some classes, so I didn't pass."

"Were you injured?"

'off course he was injured you stupid fuck. He wouldn't have missed class if he wasn't'

"Yeah, I broke my kneecap. I had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks, and I had to learn how to walk all over again. I trained every day. My parents thought that was more important than school"