Jolly Sailor

Ao3 // not mine

I can't believe that it's the last leg of otra!?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time I heard the song, it was like my whole world had broken itself into pieces only to become whole again, the shattered pieces had fallen down in front of me and then slid against each other, piece by piece. They had repaired themselves and then my life puzzle had become whole again. I had known from the depths of my soul that I had to hear the song again, if I did not, I would not survive. I had told the captain that I would just go out for a simple evening stroll the same evening I had heard the song and he believed in me, as usual. I was one of his best men and I was usually doing what I felt like doing. I had gone out down the bridge of the ship and out to the sand and the island. The sand was still warm by the setting sun, and the sky was already star-sprinkled. I had always loved the sun, moon and stars; they were always a guide to us in the sea, even in the worst storms.

I went to the little camp I had made earlier in the day when I was looking for something to eat and sat in front of the fireplace I had made of palm wood and stones. I took up the tinder-box from my waist bag and made a discreet fire while I waited for the sun to go down enough. The wind blew his breath over the island and I shook slightly by the sudden chill that swept over me. The water gurgled against the shore, I pulled my coat closer to my skin and looked out over the black sea, gray, thick clouds appeared on the horizon and I wondered if it would pull up into a storm soon.

The song hit my ears like a whisper, no words were sung, but it touched my heart like no other voice had done before. I stood up quickly from my place, put out the fire with my boot and let the song guide me to its owner. I do not know how long I walked with the song singing through my whole being when it suddenly stopped, I stood at a rather large oasis inside the forest. Apparently, I had not noticed it when I got into the woods; the song had bewitched my mind completely.

I took off my boots and put them on a tree trunk and walked toward the water, the palm trees stood tall on the water and a waterfall roared far away. I buried my toes in the sand while I went with a light step and looked for the source of the song with an open mind. The singing started again and my arms got covered in goose bumps by the beautiful tones that played through my whole body.
I gasped when I arrived at the waterfall and glimpsed a figure sitting on a slippery rock in the middle of the water. Small glittering drops smoldered around the shape and made it shine in the emerging moonlight. The song rose in volume, the notes made my innermost to tremble; I was a prisoner in its power. I fell on my knees and just stared at the shape that sang with such a beautiful voice.

Come over here, come over here...

The words washed over me like a sea wave, I felt the muscles in my legs stretched, suddenly I stood up - I was drawn to the shape like a moth drawn to a candle. I fell into the water with a splash, the cold wrapped around me, but it did not touch me, all I felt was the voice's softness and enchantment. I swam up to the surface, my lungs screamed for joy when the oxygen flowed through me. Two blue eyes met mine and I nearly froze to ice by their indescribable beauty, the song had finished long time ago but the spell was not gone. A cold hand was on my cheek, I wanted to see how the rest of this shape looked but I could not take my eyes off these jewels. The song began again, my heart skipped a beat when the hand stroked my cheek, his eyes came closer to my face and my lips enclosed by a pair of wet lips, I closed my eyes and surprised myself by immediately responding to the kiss. The shape's lips were so cold - it felt like I tasted the sea water. The touch of the lips was softer than I've ever felt before, the shape tentatively tasted on my lips with his cold, wet tongue, I opened my mouth with a low moan and let it get into my mouth. The hand moved from my cheek and up towards my cropped hair, long fingers pulled through my short hair and over my head, while the cold tongue was playing in my mouth.