Bramblekit

Two kits were playing happily in the nursery.

"I'm Tallstar, leader of WindClan!" a dark brown tabby tom mewed playfully as his amber eyes shone. The other kit was a tortoiseshell she-kit. The two kits were littermates and a pale ginger she-cat was lying by them, her eyes glittering with happiness and a smile appeared on her face. A dark grey she-kit trotted over to the two kits.

"I call Bluestar!" she mewed and the two kits turned to look at her.

"Okay, Cinderkit," the tom mewed.

"Then I am Crookedstar of RiverClan, am I correct, Bramblekit?" the tortoiseshell she-kit said. Bramblekit nodded.

"Yeah, Tawnykit." Just then a muscular dark tabby came into the nursery. Bramblekit and Tawnykit looked at the entrance and began to scurry over to the tom.

"Tigerclaw!" they squealed their father's name. Tigerclaw's amber eyes looked down at his kits but he said nothing to them.

"Can you tell us about the battle at Sunningrocks?" Bramblekit asked.

"Okay," Tigerclaw replied. He turned his gaze to Goldenflower, his mate. "Care to listen?"

"Sure," Goldenflower mewed. Bramblekit and Tawnykit sat, staring up at their father and giving him the expression they wanted him to start.

"Redtail, Mousefur, Ravenpaw and I were at Sunningrocks," Tigerclaw began, "and Oakheart and a RiverClan patrol came. Oakheart started claiming that Sunningrocks was RiverClan's and that ThunderClan had no right to them.

"What did you do?" Bramblekit asked curiously.

"I told RiverClan get into their own territory and Oakheart kept protesting, soon causing a fight to break out. We fought and fought and fought, but more RiverClan cats came."

"What happened next?" Bramblekit asked.

"Were ThunderClan winning?" Tawnykit questioned.

"There was a shriek and I raised my head, noticing Redtail was pinned by Oakheart. I was about to go to Redtail's aid but RiverClan cats swarmed the clearing, making it hard. When I cleared them off, I noticed Redtail covered in blood. Oakheart's claws were stained with Redtail's blood and I hurled myself at the RiverClan deputy, attacking with every inch of strength I had. Soon I managed to avenge Redtail's death and RiverClan retreated."

"Is that how you got that scar on the bridge of your nose?" Tawnykit asked as she flickered her tail at Tigerclaw's scar. Tigerclaw gave a nod.

"Yes." Bramblekit continued to look up at his father. He wanted to be a great warrior just like him and was proud Tigerclaw was his father!