For real?

KOURTNEY
The drive to Dos was nerve wrecking. I didn't know what to expect and how the night would end. I hoped for the best, but preparing for the worst.

I chose to wear high waisted jeans, white crop with a blazer and nude heels. My hair was in a bun and I attempted to do my make up. I wanted to look nice for him, and myself.

As I walked inside the restaurant the smell of delicious food invading my nostrils, looking around everything seemed so calm yet lively. Families are enjoying each other's company while eating, everyone seems to be having a good night.

"Hello, how many people do we have?"  An old Mexican woman asked with a warm smile.

"Two." A deep, familiar voice answered behind me.

My heart began to fast, my body tenses to the sound of his voice.

I turned around, to my surprise Chris has a smile on his face. He mouths me hello as the woman walked us over to our table.

Once I was settled I caught Chris staring at me, and I didn't feel awkward. Confidence was my name tonight!

I smiled at him, and winked. "You like what you see?" I joked, wanting to set the tone for the night.

"Yes indeed." He smiled back, although he isn't joking. "You always look beautiful." He complimented, making me blush.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." I responded.

Truth be told, Chris looks like ice cream sundae, good and tasty as hell. Although he looked casual, sexy is written all over him.

I was interrupted by my thought, our waitress, Emily, came and I greeted herself.

"Would you guys like our couples His and Hers Margarita special for tonight?" She asked me, then stares at Chris the whole time.

"Yes we would, thank you." Chris responded, smiling at her.

I cleared my throat trying to get Emily's attention, I can't help but get jealous. Chris is Fine and once upon a time he was mine, in my heart he's still mine and I'm very selfish with what's mine, or what used to be mine...I don't know!

After she looked at our ID's, Emily left with our orders, our attention went back to each other. There was a moment of silence, we just stared into each other's eyes.

I looked down, before speaking. I don't want to make things awkward by bringing up what happened two months ago, but that's the only reason why he's out with me.

"I invited you here tonight to apologize to you, face to face." I broke the silence.

A blank expression ran across his face.

"Two months ago, I was jealous and bitter. I didn't want to accept the fact that you've moved on, and that was childish." I continued, "I wanted to pretend that I was happy, and moved on myself, when in fact I was stuck. The thought of you being with someone else killed me a little inside, but that night I was wrong. I should of let you figured out for yourself instead of making a scene in front of your whole family and hers. I know the damages are already done, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, please do not hesitate to tell me, Chris. " My voice shook at the last sentence.

My conscious finally cleared about what happened that night. I felt empowered, after months of thinking, sleepless nights, seeing him everyday for two months without saying a word to each other, but now I'm free. The burden is gone, the what ifs are gone.