Chapter 2

Brantley's POV

About an hour and 45 minutes after I hung up with Blake she text me.

Blake: Williams road went to the left :)
Me: Park behind the black Ford when ya get here :)
Blake: will do B :)
Me: oh and make Jake help ya being your stuff in.
Blake: I planned on it.

A roaring bonfire, good food, and the laughter of friends and family. This is what I missed most when I was on the road. What I didn't miss was the bitch fight that just broke out in my back yard. No surprise Christine is involved. I told Mike not to bring her, but sounds like he didn't listen.
Bout the time I decided to go see what the fuss was all about Snake came through the glass door off the deck with some brunette I'd never seen slung over his shoulder. She was kickin and squiring and obviously pissed. But I gotta say the squirming was making her ass look even nicer.
"Here brother, Jake said to give Blake to you so we don't have to put Blondie back together. This feisty little thing bout
broke her in two. And I can't get her to settle down." Snake laughed and dumped her in my lap. He laughed even harder when she stopped yelling at him mid rant and her eyes bugged out of here head. Guess she realized who I am. All she said before she jumped up and took off like a bat out of Hell was "oh shit." When the door slammed behind her I heard her yelling for Jake. A few minutes later Jake came in from the deck pulling the same brunette, who I'm now figuring is Blake, behind him him. It cracks me up how she went from fisty and confident to shy and quiet when she actually saw me. I could tell on the phone she was trying to put the pieces together. Guess they didn't click till she got dropped in my lap.
"Blake..." I said calmly and waited for her to stop hiding. "Yes..." She answered poking her hard from behind Jake. Snake was beside me laughing. "You just hush it!" She snapped at him. "Someone's panties are all in a knot. We blaming that on Christine or Brantley?" Everyone laughed and Blake turned ten shades of red. "Aww cool it guys. I'm already in trouble over not telling her who all was going to be here. Don't make it worse." Jake whined. His girl Maxie just laughed and drug Blake the rest of the way to me. "Since Jake is awful at introductions guess I'll take over. B this is my best friend from college Blake. Yes the one I talk about in all the stories you love." The color drained from Blake's face when Max said that. "Blake I'm fairly certain. You know who B and the rest of the band members are so I'll introduce everybody else. You've met Snake," She cut max off. "Ya sorry ya had to grab me and sorry I kicked you." She told Snake in a meak tone. He just laughed. "No worries shortie. Truthfully it was nice to see someone who has a back bone and not put up with Blondie's shit." The whole room laughed at that and so did I.
As I stood up to stretch my legs Blake stepped back and shrunk even more. Is she scared of me? "Now what's that all about?" I asked trying to keep a joking tone to my voice. She looked up at me with the deep brown eyes. Man she's pretty. But she's not over done; she's not some high maintenance bomb shell. It's all natural and simple beauty. The way God made her with just a bit of make up to accent what she's got. And speaking of what's shes got, its hard to keep my eyes off that damn rack of her. Even in a plane black tank top they are very noticeable even if they are mostly covered. When she finally spoke I made sure to keep my view in a polite area. "I um.... Just trying to behave after my little outburst in the back yard, and not have another one." Max laughed and then explained. "She means a fan girl moment." Blake glared at her then they both laughed. Man she's really got a gorgeous smile. "Well then lets get you over the fan girl thing so we can all relax. Hold that boot up here," I sat and patted my knee,"snake hand me that white sharpie from the coffee table." She put her right foot up so I could sign her black boot then surprised me when she snatched the marker and walked to the rest of the band members around the room. I love that my fans appreciate them too. When she handed me the marker I caught her by the wrist and pulled her back to my lap. The surprise on her face turned to a shy grin when I chuckled and told her she was told to sit right there and it's rude she didn't listen to Jake. Maxie cracked up causing the smile to fade. Blake also flipped her off then spoke up real quick and sassie. "Since you seam to think I should stay here how bout you grab me a drink Max. And Jake you can bring the rest of my stuff in and put it...." She trailed off then looked up at me for my answer. "Toss it in the master. We'll let her and Maxie have that tonight." She started to protest but I stopped her real quick like. "If you wanna go for a bike ride in the morning I suggest you not argue with me." She hushed very quick at my words and shook her head ok. We both laughed. I knew that would work. Even if Jake hadn't told me she loved to ride she just had that look about her.