Chapter 4

Blake's POV:

I was sound asleep, snuggled up in the most comfortable bed I'd ever been in, when I felt someone run their fingers through my hair. "Wake up little rabbit.." I deep voice rumbled next to my ear. I sighed happily and stretched, coming into a solid warm body next to me. It chuckled and resumed stroking my hair. Still in that state between asleep and awake, I snuggled in close, wrapping myself around them and luxuriating in their warmth. I felt myself being lifted and pulled into a broad chest. I cracked one eye open then. "Brantley?" I asked, spotting the big tattooed arms around me. "It's me little one, didn't wanna wake up Maxie. Ready to hit the road for our ride?" He whispered. I nodded and nuzzled further into his chest. He chuckled. "Comfortable?" He asked. I nodded. "You're warm." I sighed happily. "And you're calm.. And speaking to me without running away... Not that I'm complaining, but what changed?" He asked cautiously. "I passed my freak out mode. It took a bit to get used to you being 'B'.. THE 'B'." She whispered. I raised an eyebrow at her. "I've known Maxie and Jake for ages. They always talked about their buddy B. Obviously they left out a minor detail. But I feel like I've known B... Uhh you... For ages. It was a little weird trying to blend the two people in my mind into one. There was B, and then there was my favorite musician. Turns out, you're one in the same. It kind of had my head all screwed up for a minute there, sorry." That was the most I'd said to him since I got here. "I understand. I feel like I've known you for years from all the stories I've heard from them too. So we're on level ground there. And truth is, I've been dying to meet you." He told me honestly. "Same here." I smiled. "I mean I've been anxious to meet you, real you. Not mega-superstar you. Just B." I explained. He relaxed then. I didn't want him to worry that my interest in him would be because I was a fan of his music. And while I am a fan, my interest was most definitely in the man, not the fame and fortune. "Would it make you feel better if I quit the industry and started working at McDonalds?" He joked. "No. Burger King maybe. Or Subway." I snorted and swatted his chest. "I'll let you get dressed. We'll head out whenever your ready, everyone else is still sleeping. Wear something warm. I've got an extra leather jacket in my closet, grab it on your way down. Need anything before I go?" Brantley asked me with a small smile. "Coffee?" I asked looking up at him. "You got it rabbit. I'll have it waiting downstairs." He grinned and headed out of the room. I grinned and giggled to myself, thinking this was going to be an interesting day.

After I was dressed, I headed downstairs with the extra leather jacket over my arm. I went to hand it to Brantely but he shook his head. "That ones for you." He said and fixed my coffee. "Umm..... I'm significantly smaller than you. I don't think it'll fit." I frowned and held it out to him again. He chuckled and grabbed it, holding it open for me. "I know it'll be a little big on ya, but it's entirely too small for me now. This one was from when I was in my early twenties. I've gotten a bit bigger over the years." He chuckled as I slid my arms in. He spun me around and zipped me up. "A bit?" I snorted. The jacket was still pretty big on me, the sleeves hanging past my hands, and the bottom of the jacket hitting just above my knees. He chuckled. "It'll do for now." He said and handed me my coffee. I grimaced. "What's wrong?" He asked. "People never get my coffee right. I'm complicated. It's always too sweet, or not sweet enough, or- ohhhhh..." I stopped mid rant after taking a sip. It was good. Really good. Brantley did the sexy eyebrow raise thing again and I melted. "It's perfect. Is there anything you can't do?" I sighed, momentarily delirious over my caffeine fix. "I can't bake. Or roller skate. Everything else, I've pretty much got a handle on." He smirked. "I'm an awesome baker. And I hate roller skating. So I'm officially keeping you." I grinned. "Oh yeah?" He chuckled darkly. Damn, there's the eyebrow again. Why is that so sexy? I nodded. "Any man who can make a cup of coffee this perfect is worth his weight in gold." I sighed and eyed him from head to toe. "That'd be a lot of gold though..." We both laughed at that. After finishing my coffee we headed to the garage. Brantley climbed on the bike and I climbed on behind him, when he started it, my entire body tensed. "Ohhhh....." I moaned without realizing it. He revved the engine and I whimpered, my nails digging into his side. "And that, little rabbit, is the sole reason a man gets a motorcycle." B growled and took off. This was gonna be a long ass ride....