Chapter 11

Brantley's POV:

After Jake and Maxie picked Addy up, much to her displeasure, I moved to the couch to wake up Blake. I was dead tired, and when she didn't budge, I just squeezed onto the couch behind her and tugged her into my arms. She tensed at first. Then breathed in deeply, her nose buried in my chest. Then she sighed happily and snuggled in close, tangling her legs with mine.

When I woke up in the morning, my head was hanging off the couch cushion, and my feet were hanging off the opposite side. Blake was lying on her side, curled up on my chest like a kitten. "Lucky ass." I grumbled. Sometimes, it sucked being a big guy. She was small enough to curl up just about anywhere. I went to move and Blake huffed. Not budging. "Come on honey, up and at'em." I coaxed her. "No!" She growled at me. I raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "But how can I fix your coffee if you don't let me go?" I tried a different approach. Waking Blake up was a tactical mission. It had to be carefully planned out. These last few days I've gotten quite comfortable having her around. It seemed natural now. She cracked open one eye. "Coffee?" She asked hopefully. I nodded. "That's right little one." I smiled softly and stroked her hair. She nuzzled into my hand and retracted her nails from my torso. Rolling off of me into the small space between my side and the back of the couch. I stood and shook my head at her. "Sylo!" She called out pitifully. My dog came trotting passed me and hopped up on the couch, snuggling into blake's side. She wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled closer. I laughed and headed into the kitchen to fix my woman her coffee. Hold up hoss... Easy there man. I stopped myself. I wasn't sure what Blake was wanting. I knew damn well what I want. I frowned and finished fixing her coffee. About that time Blake came into the kitchen, still half asleep. I sat down at the island and she climbed up into my lap, curling into me like it was second nature. Sy woofed jealously. "Later Sy, I want daddy." She mumbled and sipped her coffee happily. I snorted. "You're spoiled, you know that?" I asked her. She nodded and grinned up at me, more alert now. "Man, Addy whipped my ass yesterday." I said making conversation. Blake nodded. "That's probably why men don't want kids. They have nieces and nephews." She chuckled. "Nah, I want kids. A house full of'em. I want a football team." I said honestly. She looked at me then. "Really?" She asked curiously. I nodded. "Yep. At least 3 or 4. You?" I said chuckling. Blake smiled. "Same. I want a bunch of kids. As tired as I am, I wouldn't have it any other way." She smiled and blushed. I kissed the top of her head and we finished up in the kitchen.

During the day, we ended up meeting up with Maxie and Jake, and grabbing lunch in town. Blake and I stayed locked at the hip. Holding hands as we walked, sitting next to each other at lunch, even sharing each other's plates of food. Our waitress, an elderly lady, even pointed out that we acted like a couple who had been together for decades. It was instinctive. Once we were back at the house, Blake pulled back from me and headed upstairs. I frowned but headed into the living room, figuring she was changing into my Hoodie like usual. When she came backdown though, she had all of her things packed up. Her suitcase trailed behind her, she was leaving.