TWELVE

AN: OK I WASN'T PLANNING ON UPDATING BUT HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS!!!? GNR (or at least axl and slash) ARE PERFORMING AT COACHELLA IN 2016 AND TEYRE PLANNING STADIUM SHOWS AND STUFF AND AGAHJDJDJD
so, to celebrate such lovely events, I decided to update tonight, not on New Years as i had planned to. (and not to mention to mourn the loss of a great musician who most know as lemmy kilmister.)
enjoy.

Axl Rose sat hunched over a piece of paper, writing furiously. I assumed he was writing song lyrics, most likely. He seemed content, so I decided to hang back and watch (stalk) him. I sat alone at a table in the back, while Axl was at the bar on the other side of the room.

There was a pretty good band playing, speakers blaring loudly, coloured lights flashing, making it hard to see everything properly. I had to squint in order to see the band members well. The lead singer had stringy, blonde, shoulder-length hair, along with a left-handed guitar. To his right was the bassist, a somewhat tall, long-haired brunette who swung his bass sometimes as he played. Behind the drumset, which I couldn't really see over, was another brunette who was a very energetic player, shirtless. You could see the talent radiating off of them all.

"Would you like something to drink?" a voice startled me from my day-dream about nothing in particular, and I looked up to meet eyes with a decent-looking bartender. He was drying a glass, and threw the dish towel over his shoulder, putting his hand that held the glass on his hip and the other on my table.

"Oh, um, no, thank you," he looked surprised, so I figured I should say something else. "Just here to... to listen to the music," I made a decent excuse.

He shrugged and walked away to another table where a few men sat, asking the same question he asked me only seconds before.

I decided to ask myself what exactly I planned on saying to Axl. I knew I was never really good when I didn't plan something, so I thought before speaking whenever I remembered to.

I couldn't fight with Axl in this place, like I'm sure he'd try to do, but I needed to talk to him. And I didn't know if he was still furious or if he'd cooled down even only slightly. I softened my features to make me look completely untroubled, as if this morning and last night had never happened whatsoever. I did not want Axl to see the emotions I was feeling, in fear that he would use them to his advantage.

At long last, I took my chances and approached the bar, where Axl sat in silence. He'd stopped scribbling, and I thought he was staring off into space, but then I realized he was admiring the ladies moshing up front. I rolled my eyes.

I pulled out a bar stool next to the redhead and plopped down on it. I looked the other way from Axl, interested to see what he'd do to someone who wasn't me and what he'd say.

"Hey there, baby," his voice was lower than usual, and I assumed with him using the term "Baby," he didn't know he was speaking to me. He tapped my shoulder to get my attention. "See anything on the menu that interests you...?"

Oh, God... I stifled a laugh.

It took all my self control not to respond with, "Nothing on the menu... but something else certainly does... or should I say, somebody," just to play with him. But I didn't. Because I knew that's what he wanted, whether he was aware it was me or not.

Instead, I decided on shaking my head, resting my fists under my chin and turning to face forwards. He still did not recognize me, and I truly felt like laughing.

"Then perhaps something that's not on the menu..." I mentally facepalmed when I heard those overly-predictable words leave his mouth. Scratch that, I actually did facepalm, with both hands to be exact.