Chapter 1

The receptionist had been on the phone when Lillie walked into the office suite to which she had been directed by the cover letter included with the documents she received from management. The receptionist covered the mouthpiece of the phone, pointed to the hallway and mouthed, "Conference room. They are expecting you." Lillie turned a corner and headed down the hallway checking for a sign indicating she had reached the correct door. At the third door on the left, she stopped to take a deep breath before heading in to give her presentation. She was about to knock when someone standing close behind her asked, "Are you the photographer?"

She knew the voice: had heard it at concerts, during television interviews, on You Tube, Tumblr, and Twitter. He was so close his breath stirred several strands of her hair. Liliana wondered whether he was in the habit of invading other's space. Unable to turn around, she answered, "Yes."

"I thought so," he said as he stepped back to give her room to turn around and face him.

"I'm Liliana. I mean Lillie." She took her time before looking up at him in an attempt to control her response. This was business. Yes, she was a fan. After all, that's how she'd won the contest, but now was not the time for fangirling.

"I'm Harry Styles." He stuck out his right hand to shake.

She reached to set her portfolio case on the floor, but he took it. Lillie extended her now free hand, looked up at him and said, "Nice to meet you."

"I think everyone is waiting." He opened the door before she could respond and a number of eyes shifted to where she stood. Harry gently pressed his hand into her lower back to move her forward while simultaneously whispering close to her ear, "No worries. They are all suckers for a pretty girl."

Lillie turned her head slightly and thanked him before taking the portfolio from his hand. She was relieved to see the large easel in place and a section of the conference table free at her end. She'd practiced this presentation dozens of times before today, knew exactly what she was going to say and how she would present her plan.

"Well everyone, this is Liliana," said a man she did not recognize.

"I think she prefers Lillie," Harry interjected.

"Okay, Lillie. I'm Jason Reynolds, head of public relations for Modest Management. We spoke on the phone. Guys, why don't we introduce ourselves while Lillie sets up for her presentation. I'm sorry we didn't give you the opportunity to do this before everyone was settled, but we had another meeting."

Liam took the lead introducing himself followed by Louis, Niall, and Zayn. Three other individuals, members of the PR team, gave their names and briefly explained their roles.

"I first want to thank you for this opportunity. I'm glad you appreciated the work I submitted. I've looked at your previous photo books, film documentaries, the behind-the-scenes and tour videos. I tried to approach them from the perspective of the fan. I searched back in social media for comments from fans about what they would have liked to see. I thought about what I felt was missing. This presentation is a result of that research."

"What would you say is the number one critique?" asked Jason.

"The lack of candid shots. Many fans saw photos as staged, contrived actually. I have some examples. Here, see how Niall is looking directly at the camera although he is supposed to be engaging in a sound check. Here's another. The band is getting ready to go on stage, but there is no anticipation evident in the photo."

"Speaking to that. I think it is one of the main reasons we chose you. Your work captures emotion, movement or something. It's hard to describe, but you see it," said Liam.