Chapter 24

"So, what has those dimples twitching?" asked Gemma.

He made a face at her before placing his phone in his back pocket.  "You need to behave tonight," he said in a slightly teasing, slightly threatening voice.

"Of course," she said flicking him under the chin before heading to her room.

His mother was in the kitchen browning the meat for the stew she was making.  He assured her Lillie would love a hearty home-cooked meal.  Lilly was expecting a relaxing evening and he planned to give her what she needed.  Placing a kiss on his mother's cheek, he walked to the back sliding door and shouted out to his stepfather who was in the back yard.  He walked back through the house whistling.

* * * *

She would never let Harry know how much her body ached after their night together.  It would serve no purpose other than cause him to feel guilty. The hot water from the shower helped a little but she had several incredibly sore spots.  She was looking forward to the next few days before they had to leave for New York.  They could relax with his family, continue to get to know one another.  She wouldn't mind another night at the cottage, hiding out, sleeping late, staying in bed.

As she latched the last of the clasps on her luggage, her dad called out that Harry was there.  He appeared in her doorway having been sent by her dad.

"Hello, Love."

"Hi," she said lifting the suitcase from her bed.

"Hi," he said giving her a kiss and taking the luggage from her hand.  "Would you like for me to load this before or after tea?" he asked.

"We can take them out now," She told him.

"I can take them out now," he corrected.

"Harry . . ."

"I'm a decently smart guy, Lillie.  Do you think I am unaware of what you may have put your body through last night?"

She turned away from him reaching for a jacket.  "Lillie, can we talk about this without having to talk about talking?"

"Harry . . . at first . . . but then . . ."

He took her wrist and pulled her close to him causing her palms to rest on his chest.  "Sweetheart, let's agree that I won't feel guilty and you'll tell me the truth."

"You make it sound so simple," she said looking up at him.

He kissed her, "it should be just that simple."  He pulled her hips against him and gave her a soft kiss.  "Glad we could settle that so we can relax for the next several days."

"About that, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes."

"I was wondering if we might spend a night at the cottage."

"Really?"

"Why do you sound surprised?"

"It was a very spontaneous thing.  I . . . I"

"You what?  Wait.  You're not as much into spontaneity as you'd have everyone believe.  That's it!  You are more of a careful planner, maybe a bit calculated.  Let's see . . . Karen . . . I'm right!  'Wow, I didn't know you were coming in today.'" she said moving her arms in that funny way Harry sometimes did on stage.

He was looking at her with that little boy surprise on his face.  "Where's your proof?" he asked laughing.

"That look on your face has already told on you," she said pointing at him.