Chapter 17

Lillie hadn't realized it  had gotten so late. She immediately got into the shower and tried to wash all the difficulties of the day away. She was tense in spite of having reached some understanding with Harry. How long would that last? If Lou didn't believe he'd dealt with all that he needed to, what else might challenge their new love?

The shower was set to the softest spray available on the dial. The wide spray covered her back and soon enough she began to relax and feel sleepy. She closed her eyes and felt herself sway slightly. His arms were around her steadying her against him. When had he come in and how long had she been in the shower?

"What time is it?" she asked sleepily

"After 11."

"I didn't realize I'd been in the shower so long."

"Bonus for me," he whispered in her ear.

"I still have to wash my hair," she said laying her head on his shoulder.

"Here, let me help."

He turned her around, poured shampoo in his hands and began to massage her scalp before moving through the length of her hair. She tipped her head back and let him work his magic. When he turned her around to urge her under the shower spray, her eyes were closed again.

"Have you bathed yet?" he asked. She shook her head. He picked up a washcloth soaped it up and gently washed her face moving down her neck arms and stomach before turning het to wash her back and continue down each leg. He asked her to lift each foot so he could get the bottoms of her feet. She stepped back under the shower and he used his hands to make sure her face and body were completely free of soap. He turned off the spray and started to squeeze the water from her hair. He wrapped her in a large bath towel before further attempting to get water soaked from the long strands.

"Come on, sit down on the chair," he encouraged.

"What about you? You still need to shower," she said.

"I'll shower once I get you to bed." She didn't argue with him. When he got her hair as dry as it could be, he took her hands and pulled her off the chair. He led her to the bed, pulled back the sheet, covered her and told her goodnight. She remembered little about the last few minutes before she was asleep.

She woke up in the early morning hours snuggled against him needing to go to the bathroom. He stirred a little when she got out of bed, but continued sleeping. When she came out of the bathroom, she decided she needed some water. Listening to the quiet in their suite, she understood why Harry craved the silence. She took a bottle out of the refrigerator and walked to the large set of windows to look out over the grounds. The moon was shining and she could see the twinkle of a few stars. For a moment, she wished she was home sitting in the backyard swing.

The day had been so stressful she hadn't looked at the photos she'd taken. Their cases still sat in the entry, so she pulled out some underwear, a t-shirt and sleep shorts to put on. She closed the bedroom door so she wouldn't disturb Harry and turned on a lamp on the desk next to the windows. She took her cameras and laptop out of their bags turning on each and plugging her camera into the computer to download the pictures. She scrolled through them with an experienced eye eliminating those she wasn't happy with. When she reached the last picture, she scrolled back to the beginning to have another look. She looked at the time on her toolbar to see a couple of hours had passed. It was already 6AM.

She heard Harry's alarm chiming, so she got up and turned on the water pot behind the bar. Knowing there would be no opportunity for sleep until after lunch, she turned on the Keurig. The bar was stocked with a variety of coffees, but she realized there was a large stock of her favorite blond roast. Harry, she thought.