Chapter 14

Jerry's number was programmed to be a one-touch dial should Lillie have an emergency. Sam reiterated the need to be cautious leaving her and Harry alone. Lillie crawled onto the sofa and stretched out already feeling exhausted.

"I am not moving from this sofa for the rest of the evening," she told Harry.

"Not for any reason," he asked lifting her feet so he could sit down. When he pulled off her boots, she wiggled her toes and he began to massage first one foot then the other. She sighed as she felt the stress seep out of her body. "Hey, come with me," he said excitedly. He pulled her up and took her through the bedroom to the bathroom. It was almost as large as her bedroom and bathroom combined. In the center of the floor was a full-sized drop-in tub with a whirlpool bath.

"What do you think?" he asked with the raise of an eyebrow and a naughty smile on his face.

Instead of answering, she got down on her knees, flipped the drain switch and turned on the water. She tested it until she thought it was the right temperature then left the bathroom with a smile. Harry's heartrate accelerated as he went to find his bag in the entry way. Lillie had opened one of the cases and found her pajamas and underwear. He noticed she chose one of the more demure cotton pairs before going behind the bar to get a couple of bottles of water, coming back to pick up another of her cases, and heading back to the bathroom. He found what he needed in his bag and wasn't far behind her.

A stack of towels and washcloths were piled next to the rapidly filling tub. Her sweater was already laying over a vanity chair and her shirt soon followed. She unzipped her skirt and let it drop to the floor. She began to shed the tights sitting down on the chair so she could finish removing them. With nothing left but her underwear, she opened her case and took out a few of her things including the wipes she used to remove her makeup. He stood watching the tub which was almost full before dropping down on his haunches to turn the water off. He stood to find she was next to him with her hair in a bun waiting to help him with his clothes. He was down to his jeans when he walked over to the vanity and removed his jewelry. She was already in the tub when he stripped off his jeans.

"How is it?" he asked.

"Wonderful," she said laying back her head on the side of the tub. He stepped into the water, sat down across from her and stretched his arms out along the edge of the tub.

"This is amazing," he said.

"I thought you had been here before."

"I have been here several times, but never with someone. It's quite a different experience."

"Hm . . ." she murmured with her eyes closed.

His phone rang and he rolled his eyes.

"Can't you leave it until later?" she asked.

"No. We have to answer our phones at all times." He dragged himself up and quickly dried his feet before walking over the counter.

"Hello . . . I'm sorry, who is this?" he asked. "Rapunzel?" he laughed. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair . . . let me talk to your mum." He switch hands as he waited for the other person to come on the line. "Hello, Lou. . . Did you have a good trip?" he asked. "Yes . . . Actually, we are relaxing. How about 8:00? Sounds good. Bye."

She still had her eyes closed when he set the phone down and slipped back in the water.

"That was Lux in case you hadn't guessed. I haven't seen her in almost a month and she's really anxious to meet you. They'll only be here about an hour, I promise. It's the middle of the night for her, so she's not going to last long."

"Ok," said Lillie not moving from her spot. Harry slid around to where she was sitting asking her to scoot up so he could slide in behind her. When he was situated, she leaned back against him and relaxed. He kissed the side of her neck and let the backs of his hands trail down her arms until they reached hers.