Chapter 7

When morning came, Ivy ran downstairs to meet her dad in the kitchen.

He was all dressed up in a business suite ready to leave the rez for work.

"Hey dad, can you ask your people about a few building projects, since you are a contractor and with drafting and designing?" asked Ivy handing him the list that she made.

"What is this?" asked Gary.

"A list I wrote down, the elders that are on the board said it was a good idea and they will need to talk to a couple of people to help, so if you get a call would you help us?" asked Ivy.

"Wow, some big projects?" asked Gary reading over the list.

"Yeah big ideas dad, I hope you can help, we can make a difference," smiled Ivy.

"I'll take this with me and ask around," said Gary.

"Thank you dad," Ivy got up and gave him a hug.

"You are welcome honey," smiled Gary.

She smiled and went back up stairs. Gary left the house and went to work. Well, it was eight o'clock Indian time on a Saturday, Little Crow was up already eating breakfast.

"Hey sweetheart you are up early?" asked White Dove.

"Yeah I am excited to see what Ivy's dad says about our list, I hope he can help rebuild our community," said Little Crow.

"I hope so too this is a good thing you guys are doing for the people," said White Eagle.

"Thanks, mom," smiled Little Crow.

So she started cooking breakfast for everybody else in the house, there was a knock at the door, Little Crow got up to answer.

"Hey White Eagle," said Little Crow.

"Hey Ivy wants us to meet up at the youth center with the elders," said White Eagle.

"Okay, see you later mom, I have to go," said Little Crow.

"Be careful," said White Dove.

"I will," said Little Crow running out of the house and walking to the youth center.

As they arrived, it was almost nine o'clock. They noticed a lot of nice cars, so they walked in.

"Ivy," said White Dove.

"Hey, told you my dad knows a lot of people," smiled Ivy.

"This is awesome," said Little Crow.

Their other friends came in as well.

"Finally something is going to change, but a good change," said a kid.

"Yeah a better chance at life," said Ivy.

"Alright kids come and take a seat, this is Ivy's dad, he works for a big construction company off the rez, and his boss is willing to donate money and help rebuild new homes and especially the business stores, so now that we have the funds what would you like to see be done first?" asked the man on the board.

"Well, I would like to start making new homes and clearing up around here as well," said Ivy.

"Me too," said White Eagle.

"Cool, it is settled then, I'll call a company off the rez and get big dumpsters to hall off the trash, the trash will be a community pick up, we need lots of people to help," said the man.

"Don't worry we will ask when we go to school Monday," said Ivy.

"Great it is settled then, alright our meeting is over," said the board.

"Oh dad thank you so much," said Ivy.

"Your welcome, I've been waiting a long time for this to happen," said Gary.

"Me too," said Little Crow.

"Alright I have to go back to work I'll see you at home," said Gary leaving.

"Let's go play games while we are here," said White Eagle.

"Sounds good to me, let's go," said Little Crow walking towards the arcade games.

They played about an hour and went home. Little Crow walked home, and everybody was sitting on the couch.

"What's wrong?" asked Little Crow.

"It's grandfather, he's in the hospital," said Kicking Bird.

"What? what happened?" worried Little Crow.

"He fell and broke his hip," said White Dove.

"Your brother was with him when he fell think goodness, we both were out of the house getting groceries," said Rocky Crow.

"Where is Kicking Bird?" asked Little Crow.

"Staying with your grandpa at the hospital, we can go see him tomorrow," said Rocky Crow.

"Come on let's sit together and watch a movie," said White Dove.

"Okay," said Little Crow walking to the couch.

So he sat down and watched a movie with his parent until bedtime.

They had to get up in the morning to go see his grandfather.