Chapter 5: Drastic Measures

Chapter 5

Season 3 Episode 20

After our breakup, Rikki seemed to be avoiding me and the café - still named after her. I couldn't move on. I loved her too much. I decided to give her time, time to try to forgive me before I once again pursued her. I knew that if I tried to early, it would ruin all chances for the future.

Without Rikki, the café was a mess. Chaotic more like. I hadn't realised how much she did for the place until she was gone. I was so overwhelmed that I accepted Sophie's offer to help. In the past she had been organised and efficient - a little bossy- but I truly was down to my last wire. I had to admit she did a good job. With everyone else against me, it was nice to have someone I could rely on.

"I'm glad you're here." I told her.

OoOoO

Once I had finished cleaning the coffee machine, I looked up and saw the woman of my dreams walking in. She looked beautiful. She was more stunning than I remembered and that red dress looked amazing on her. It reminded me of the one I had got her. It was as if she was walking in slow motion. I felt my heart skip a beat when a smile lit up her face as she approached her destination. A smile could not help but spread across my face. At least she wasn't going to stay far away forever.

"What is she doing here?" I was called out of my reverie by my new manager, Sophie. "I'll tell her to leave." How could she even suggest that?

"No, no," I grabbed her arm, "No. Leave Rikki alone." She looked at me in disbelief. I think she knew I was still hung up on my ex. I noticed something sticky and green in her hair. "What's in your hair?" I asked. "We're trying to look professional here," I said walking off.

OoOoO

Season 3 Episode 21

I sat on the beach, staring out at the surf. I had been doing this a lot lately. I was once again falling into the hole of blaming someone else for my own mistakes. I had started to consider the fact that Will may have had a hand in making Rikki give up on our relationship so quickly. I wanted to see Rikki. I always wanted to see her. I needed to discuss our breakup. Fortunately for me, I saw Cleo, Bella and Rikki coming past the bench I was sitting on. I got up and headed over to them.

"Hey," I said, "I've been looking for you."

"And?" she said, unimpressed.

"Well, I just want to talk,"

"Zane," she began. "Leave it alone alright, it's over." She reconfirmed my fears. I couldn't let her go that quickly.

"New necklace." I stated. She turned to me.

"Yeah, I got it from a friend," she replied. That was vague. Was she hiding something?

"What kind of friend?" I asked.

"Leave it alone, it's none of your business," Bella interrupted. Rikki sighed.

"So it's a guy-friend?" I asked slowly, my disappointment seeping into my voice. Will. Of course. Why would she accept his gift when even when we were together, it was such an effort to get her to accept anything.

"I bet I can guess who," I said.

Rikki shrugged, "You're making a fool out of yourself." She could feel the tension between us.

"He's like this tall," I gestured, "Into diving,"

"What are you doing?" Rikki asked. I looked away. I knew my jealousy was obvious.

"I'm moving on," she continued. My heart sank. "So should you,"

"Yeah?" I retorted, "I've moved on too, just tell me his name." My voice betrayed me. I had tried to make that at least a little bit convincing. She sighed and walked away. How had she got over this so easily? Had she been cheating on me? I was one to talk, I had cheated on her. I was so frustrated!