XXIV.

Misty mornings always cloud not only the sky but also judgement. It was certainly not clear when Harry shifts and finds Daisy sleeping next to him in bed. The throbbing pain in his head blocking out the panic filled in his chest. The sweat ridden body next to him stirs and he feels sick to his stomach. Atleast she's wearing clothes. Even though he has no clue how this happened he rolls off the bed and wipes his sweat crusted forehead.

His voice raw and clumps to his Adam's Apple, scraping at the edges to swallow. His eyes feel unbelievably heavy as if he had a large intake of alcohol in his system. Things begin flooding in his head, further shooting the pain against his ear drums. He can barely see but managed to drag himself to the bathroom. He runs the water splashing, the cool sting on his face jolting his senses.

His appearance never itched his skin so bad. The man staring back at him in the mirror was dull, his unkept stubble scuffy and dry, the sunken holes which is in place of his eyes are no more than green glassy circles that relay images and somehow the blankness and darkness of the heavy lids that cover the glass objects, that is the eye, seems to be the only solitude he knows. He groans feeling the pain rush to his head once more. Pain. It's funny how the same things that bring a person joy can at the same time bring them pain.

He stumbles over and sits on the covered toilet seat twitching when a hard surface punctures his ass cheek. He groans reaching into his jeans pocket to produce his phone. His phone is still opened on his messages, Louis' name stares at him, burns into his face like a raging fire. It all rushes back into his head, what happened last night, why Daisy was there, why he was this shitfaced. He stares at the messages trying to convince himself that this actually happened and after so long Louis was the one who caved and contacted him.

It's a bit overwhelming, he still thinks it's a dream, as the texts suggest it wasn't as if Louis was welcoming him back with open arms, it was forced, strained and made zero sense. The last message was sent by Louis at around three in the morning which was a clear indication to Harry why he woke up in this state. "I want to see you again" simple, yet the plagues of emotions wash upon his rib cage burn against his skin, it plummeted into his heart melting away the seams of pain and anguish replacing in its wake weak droplets of regret and yearning.

The noise rumbles in his head as the banging becomes louder, mocking him, the drying drops of water slowly vanishes from his face, his skin cooling down from the chill coming from the under cracked spaces of the door. The voice calls out to him and he shakes, he shakes because it was the only thing his body could do.

"Harry is everything okay?"
His ear drums ring sending waves of pain in his already throbbing temples. He stands shaking his head a bit too panicked and pulls the door open. Standing with a soft expression to the other side of the door, is Daisy, crossing her legs and slouching.

"I'm sorry I really need to pee" she pushes past him and locks the door of the bathroom. He is once again alone in the empty room, his hands itch, the heat becoming unbearably as the phone pierces a hole through his fingers free falling to the ground and dismantling. Daisy steps out the trickling water can be heard behind her, she closes the door and frowns when she sees him looking out in the expanse of the room, to no particular spot just stares mindlessly out.

"Hey" she coos coming to wrap an arm through his. "What's wrong?"
He closes his eyes at the contact, her hand is cold against his and it still burns.

"Did..we.." He wasn't sure how to put it even if he could ever say the words out loud if this is what he'd retort to when he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings then he must have a serious problem and Louis was right to stay away from him. Daisy however looks like Harry just said the most outrageous thing and pulls her hands away from his.