Chapter four: fix us

I feel pathetic that it's so damn short, and I feel so embarrassed in front of you guys, but I promise next chapter will be longer! I'll try my best to never write so short chapters anymore, okay? 약속 (promise)! *Intertwines our pinkies .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀ 

Nothing had changed. What Taehyung had feared happened. What he tried to change and prevent into happening - it happened.

Jungkook arrived home again, of course not sober. Taehyung sighed as he was going to lead him to their bedroom and put Jungkook's arm around his shoulder.

"How long are you going to be like this?" Taehyung muttered under his breath. Jungkook glanced at him, then down towards the floor. Taehyung placed him on their bed, not even bothering pulling his clothes off except from his shoes and socks, and put the duvet over him.

Normally Taehyung would go to bed himself after making sure Jungkook wouldn't need his help anymore and just sleep, but neither of them did what they always did. Jungkook stared at the ceiling, and Taehyung stared at Jungkook.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered. 

Taehyung snorted silently. "You've said that a lot lately," he replied. He was even surprised Jungkook was still awake. Maybe he didn't drink that much tonight.

"I know," he said, "I'm sorry." Taehyung sat beside Jungkook on the edge of the bed. He stared down at Jungkook, and Jungkook also looked at Taehyung instead of the ceiling.

"How long are you going to do this?" Taehyung asked tiredly. He was tired. He was tired of everything.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook repeated. Taehyung could tell he meant it. Jungkook never lied. Even if there was things he wanted to keep hidden or didn't want to tell Taehyung, he just changed the subject. Like now.

"I don't need to hear that!" Taehyung said whilst raising his voice. He didn't want to hear how sorry he was. He knew Jungkook wasn't an asshole even though he was acting like one. He just needed to know why. He wanted to know the reason. "Tell me Jungkook," he said whilst calming himself down, "tell me why. Why do you do this?" He didn't answer. "Why are you doing this to yourself? To me?" Taehyung had to look away and stared down at his own lap. "To us?"

Jungkook's lip was trembling, but he didn't say anything.

"Do you even know what you're doing to us? Haven't you noticed how different we've become?" He only nodded in response. "Then why haven't you tried to even fix it? Can't you tell how damaged we are?" Jungkook was close to crying. He bit his lower lip to stop himself. "Can we talk to someone?" Taehyung asked after a short silence between the two. Jungkook stared at him surprised, but he neither denied nor agreed. "I want us to be happy again. I want us to be...us. I want to go back to how we used to be. Please do this for me Jungkookie," Taehyung begged. Jungkook closed his eyes with a small sigh. He was too stubborn to agree, and Taehyung knew better than to try and convince him to agree with him. "I'll sleep on the sofa tonight," he muttered and got closer to Jungkook, "잘자 정국아," (Good night Jungkook-ah) he said as he gave him a quick kiss on the forehead, "사랑해," (I love you.)

Jungkook opened up his eyes and stared at Taehyung. "사랑해요" (I love you, formal towards elders). Taehyung was surprised at his boyfriend's new reply, but a smile appeared on his face, and he closed the door as he exited the room. He wasn't going to give up. He was going to fight for them. They were going to survive. Together.