Chapter six: a therapist

Hii finally an update~ Now they will finally meet the therapist! How do you think of the story so far? Thank you so much for reading, I love you all! Have a good day/night everyone, and stay healthy .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀ 

Taehyung nudged Jungkook on the side when he spotted his grumpy face as they were meeting their therapist for the first time. "Smile," he whispered as he put on a smile on his face himself and greeted the stranger man.

"Hello! It's so lovely to meet you two," he said kindly as he shook hands with Taehyung.

"Bullshit," Jungkook murmured with a glare as he ignored his hand. 

Taehyung gasped and hit him on his shoulder. "Be polite," he glared, but Jungkook ignored him as he continued to narrow his eyebrows at the therapist.

He led them into a private room where Taehyung and Jungkook could sit on beside each other, and the therapist on a comfortable chair on the other side of the small table between them with a glass of water each.

"You can call me Dr Choi," he said with a smile. Taehyung politely smiled back, but Jungkook's expression didn't change.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, and this is my partner, Jeon Jungkook."

"I could tell right away," the guy chuckled lightly. Jungkook's frown deepens even more, and he gave a quick glance at Taehyung before continuing to stare at the therapist.

After about half an hour, Taehyung had explained their daily life together as Dr Choi had taken notes to keep up and remember it all. He had to know how they usually spend the day together, which wasn't exactly much.

"Is it okay for me to ask questions?" Dr Choi asked after Taehyung was done explaining. Taehyung nodded, but Dr Choi waited for Jungkook to agree as well. After a staring contest between Taehyung and Jungkook, he finally sighed defeated with a small nod. "Great," he said with a smile and glanced down at his notes. "So, let me begin with Taehyung," he started. Taehyung nodded as he waited. "How long have the two of you been together?"

"Since our Freshman year of University. Jungkook is actually a year younger, but he was allowed to skip his last year in high school and enter University right away, and came right into an Art school, the same class as me," Taehyung said and the therapist nodded.

"And he was different in that time?" Taehyung nodded again. "Are you sure he just haven't grown up? He's younger, and he might've wanted to change from the person he was before. Have you ever thought of that?" Dr Choi asked.

Taehyung was silent for a short while; he glanced over at Jungkook.

"Yeah, I've thought about that, but I know that's not it. If you had seen him before, you wouldn't even think that'd be a possibility. There's a reason," Taehyung said determined. Jungkook had locked his gaze on the table, not sparing a glance at neither the therapist nor Taehyung.

"And what kind of reason do you think that is?"

Taehyung had to think through his words in his head before speaking. Was it okay for him to say everything on his thoughts? "I think it's either because of me...or his job," Taehyung mumbled honestly. He could tell Jungkook's body tensed up.

"Why do you think that? Has it shown?" Dr Choi kept up with the questions.

Taehyung didn't want to look at Jungkook. He knew he'd break down in tears if he did. He closed his eyes into preventing so, and just repeated the last years in his head. "He changed since we graduated. His dream was to become a tattooist, and I wanted to be a fashion designer. We both have achieved our dreams, and we should be living the dream life, but we don't." Taehyung stopped for a minute. "The reason I think it's because of me is that I feel we've become more distant with each other, a few months before we graduated. I was afraid he was tired of me-"

"Do you think I would've begged you for us to live together after we graduated if I was tired of you?" Jungkook's voice interrupted Taehyung. His eyes snapped open, and Jungkook was staring at him, more surprised, and sad, than angry.

"T-Then why did you become so distant at that time?" Jungkook didn't answer. "And ever since he got the job to work in a tattoo shop, he's changed. Completely, about everything."

Everyone went silent again. Dr Choi observed the two in the silence. "Jungkook," he said to gain their attention. "Why aren't you saying anything?" Still no answer. "Why aren't you defending yourself?" Right at that moment, the alarm clock on the table started ringing. Dr Choi turned it off with a sigh, and he closed his notebook. "I'll see you next week," he said before getting up and holding the door open for the broken couple.