Prologue

Kyle

There were three of them.

I was twelve.

They came seemingly out of nowhere.

I couldn't move, from fear I guess. Though I make myself believe I was trying to protect my siblings.

Two of them held him. One of them stood saying something.

We stayed. Watching from our hiding place.

The one talking unsheathed his blade.

I stopped breathing. Tori and I knew what was coming. She ordered the others to look away.

The one with the blade ran him through cleanly.

Teague didn't listen and let out a scream and tried to run. I wrapped my arms around him and covered his mouth.

The blade with the glowing blue hilt. The man with the all to familiar face looked right into my eyes.

Teague's sobs shook both our bodies. I held him tighter.

But what was the man's expression? Anger? Sadness? Were his eyes saying "you're next." or "I'm sorry"? Or both?

Fifteen years later on a completely different planet, I still can't decide. What was my father's killer thinking at that moment?

His killer. A man we trusted. Had he liked it? Was he so angry that he enjoyed it?

Why didn't my father fight harder?

My mother and the others came too late. He was already dead. My father's killer got away. I had wanted to kill him so badly. Looking back it makes me sick that a little twelve year-old, twelve year-old me, could be filled with so much hate.

Was my father's killer filled with that much hate too?

I am here to protect earth from that man. He was weakened immensely, but managed to escape to earth.

So that's why we're here. Waiting. Waiting to become heroes, I guess.

But I'm still haunted by questions who's answers I'm afraid of.

How do you kill a monster without becoming one?

----------
A/N: Hi!! Thank you so much for checking out my story!
Can't believe I'm actually doing this. I've been thinking about writing for awhile now. I make no promises of regular updates, but I will try my best.
Thank you again and I hope you liked the prologue!
~Emerald_Parrish ✌🏻️